Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The basics..

74 Kona, had 455 Olds, is getting 396 Chev

Getting ready to pull the Olds today I got to looking at the mounts. Odd is the best way I can describe it. It has some cheesy welded steel front mount like a 4 point. A mid mount to the block like a 3 point. and a fancy rear plate/flywheel cover that sits flat on top of the intake but has an extension that bolts to the pump like a 3 point.

what the hell? It's like a 5 point.

I have bot a 3 point systen and a 4 point for the BBC.Do I want to even bother with the way it is now or not? It's looks like it's going to be a giant PITA to drill the new holes and have everything line up. I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Best I could think of was to keep the front mount, add a couple of spacers to set up my rear, mark and drill, then use my rear to set up my matched front plate and call that good. The idea of keeping the chicken sh!t front mount thats there isn't pleasent.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
The basics..

74 Kona, had 455 Olds, is getting 396 Chev

Getting ready to pull the Olds today I got to looking at the mounts. Odd is the best way I can describe it. It has some cheesy welded steel front mount like a 4 point. A mid mount to the block like a 3 point. and a fancy rear plate/flywheel cover that sits flat on top of the intake but has an extension that bolts to the pump like a 3 point.

what the hell? It's like a 5 point.

I have bot a 3 point systen and a 4 point for the BBC.Do I want to even bother with the way it is now or not? It's looks like it's going to be a giant PITA to drill the new holes and have everything line up. I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Best I could think of was to keep the front mount, add a couple of spacers to set up my rear, mark and drill, then use my rear to set up my matched front plate and call that good. The idea of keeping the chicken sh!t front mount thats there isn't pleasent.
Lets see some pics of this "monstrosity of mounts" ,we'll help you sort it out and get ya goin in the right direction ! Tom

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll see if I can grab some decent pics tomorrow Tom.

BTW, nothing against you but it still pisses me off that you can go to Jocko's (in Nipomo) for dinner when ever you want. If I ever get down there I have access to a private cove on running deer, we can do as we like.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'll see if I can grab some decent pics tomorrow Tom.

BTW, nothing against you but it still pisses me off that you can go to Jocko's (in Nipomo) for dinner when ever you want. If I ever get down there I have access to a private cove on running deer, we can do as we like.
Jockos Has a "RIB eye" the size of a Pot roast!
Family's got a place in tri counties too (just past running deer gate)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jockos Has a "RIB eye" the size of a Pot roast!
Family's got a place in tri counties too (just past running deer gate)
LOL, don't order the "pork chops" unless you're hungry.....

No really. I have family that owns 1/2 a cove on running deer. At some point I plan to make it down there and make my family mad at me.

P.S. if you know where runnig deer's ramp is as your facing it the first cove on the left is owned by friends and family. Not to name drop but if Bell Brannon or Lobo mean anything. At some point I plan on crashing the h0metone party.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts