Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 19 ft Jet Boat with a 454 BBC and a Berkely 12 JC pump. I have been running the boat with an Holly Electric fuel pump. Fuel water separator before it. The boat was running fine when I put it up for the winter.
Now after running it for a few miles up river it is stalling like fuel starvation.
So this morning I changed the cap, rotor, coil and ignition module to rule out electronic. It would not start. Then I changed the carb to a Holley 750 double pumper from a Holly 750 Vacuum secondary. The boat started right up and ran like a bat out of hell. Then after sitting for awhile on the sand we ran up river about 8 miles. Turned around and the boat stalled again. Could not keep it running just sputtering.
I even installed new marine grade fuel lines from the tank to the separator a few weeks ago. I'm starting to lean towards a bad electric fuel pump.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
597 Posts
If you're sure it's the fuel pump,Get a Holley Black they work well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at this kit because looking at the current set up it does not have the safety pressure switch shutoff. Whoever set the up also put in a non marine Holly Red fuel pump. I am going to look at the fuel tank pickups as well. Not sure were to buy them. I have 2 10 gallon cylinder style tanks in the back of the boat on each side.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
A fuel pressure gauge would help out alot .. Most caps a vented, sounds like maybe its loosing the vacuum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts