Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok we took the boat out thought we ran out of gas so we got towed back in to the dock took the boat home opened gas cap and heard a woosh then motor fired rt up does this sound like a vapor lock too you

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I have checked the vent it is clear the line for the vent is clear and its the factory fuel tank and routeing
Kinda had that problem years ago...the fitting out of the tank had a filter built in in..plugged filter no fuel...But it doesn't mean its not a vent problem

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
think I found the problem my gas tank had a leak so we cut her open too put a new bottom in it the pick up tube had a couple of holes in it will let ya know takeing her to the river tomorrow for some fun in the sun and too do a little bit of fishing

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the sidewinder ran great all day ran about a half tank threw her and she didn't sput once started every time all in all it was a good day had a ton of ppl stop me at the boat landing too look at the boat even had a guy that was driving down the road next to the river here flag me down to ask what kind of boat it was lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts