Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to epoxy coat my garage floor. Does anyone have a good referal or even know someone who does it on the side? im located in orange

thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
do it yourself... go to Arizona and buy the oil based version of the
Rust-o-leum 2-part epoxy. They have many colors to choose from. I did the water-based version here in Cali at my house in Bakersfield. It looks awesome. Waaay cheaper. As with anything though. Surface preparation is the key! I can send you some pics if you wish...

lemme know,

Jon.

·
Registered
653 Posts
do it yourself... go to Arizona and buy the oil based version of the
Rust-o-leum 2-part epoxy. They have many colors to choose from. I did the water-based version here in Cali at my house in Bakersfield. It looks awesome. Waaay cheaper. As with anything though. Surface preparation is the key! I can send you some pics if you wish...

lemme know,

Jon.
Good idea yes, product is ok, the problem is Rust-o-leum's kit does not have a primer, or urethane clear coat...yes it is cheaper, thats exactly what you get.
The product I use is 18 parts heavier, with two coats of urethane clear, the clear is UV proof, won't turn yellow, or leave hot tire marks.

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
White Cap construction supply has what you need. It goes on with minimal prep and the only way to get it off is with a jack hammer. You can get it in a 20 min or 1 hour set up time.

·
Mega user
1,215 Posts
We don't go to Southern Cali for a garage unless it is rather large, but I would be happy to lend advise to do it right or find the right company.

We do 5-7 garage floors a week and have never had a failure or stain.
Here is my website www.exoticconcrete.com

PM me with any questions:)hand
Ryan
Cool looking stuff. Wish I had some extra cash. I would love to do my garage.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
How well do these epoxies hold up to floor jacks, jack stands and general abuse?

·
Nuclear Powered
1,281 Posts
How well do these epoxies hold up to floor jacks, jack stands and general abuse?
I had a friend who used a buffer on the floor to "wax it", and it scratch it and ruined it. He had to have the pro come back out and fix it.

I'm thinking about doing mine in the future, but only because it makes mopping the floors easier.

·
Havasu & Anaheim Hills
361 Posts
Any idea on rough cost for a 20 foot deep three car garage with the single car part of the garage being 50 feet deep?

House is in Havasu.

And how long before I could put my stuff back in? If its like a week I dont know what the hell I would do with the boat, sea doos, jeep etc.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I had a friend who used a buffer on the floor to "wax it", and it scratch it and ruined it. He had to have the pro come back out and fix it.

I'm thinking about doing mine in the future, but only because it makes mopping the floors easier.
I always figured I'd just end up scratching and scoring it up. I guess its nice to have if the only thing you use the floor for is rolling cars and toys in and out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts