Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like her Ex doesnt think she can live on 23K a month and is asking for 120K+ that she has become accustomed to.

Best you wished you have kept your dick in your pants now eh Melissa?

Melissa Etheridge's Ex: I Can't Live on $23,000 a Month - E! Online

Those that follow my post know I support gay marriage (or Union) ---- but only if the they follow the same rules and regulations IE no special treatment.
(I see no reason they shouldn't be as miserable as the rest of us straight folk)

This will be interesting to watch because its time for Melissa to pay the piper - just like a guy would in the same circumstances...hell her ex should get half of everything JUST LIKE what happens to us guys that make big money and decide to wriggle upstream and spawn. (dissomaster computation)

Interesting Melissa is saying that because the marriage wasn't legal at the time she doesn't have to pay, but she did in fact get married and had two kids with donors sperm. (hypocritical bitch)

If Melissa gets away with that its a real blow to the gay community as their opponents will forever point out that there never was any real seriousness in their plight and the cause should never be allowed.

Common law would link any guy to that marriage if it were a man and a woman and the guy would pay through the nose X4

It will be interesting to see if the gay community wants to be truly treated equally, or if by equal they mean all the benefits an none of the downsides of marriage.

This was just a mater of time and If Melissa doesn't get the same "dissomaster" treatment any guy would get then the whole thing is nothing more than a benefit scam.

Better be careful what you wish for....

Uncle Dave

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Bwa ha ha, hilarious. This is more of those unforeseen consequences that happen when people try to change centuries of law and tradition with a flick of the wrist.
In fairness, this could happen to any female high earner who is hetero.

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
Bwa ha ha, hilarious. This is more of those unforeseen consequences that happen when people try to change centuries of law and tradition with a flick of the wrist.
Or in her case a flick of the tongue...:shhh:

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Agree completely. Good with the bad. I can see a bunch of homos getting all pissy Mel has to pay as some sort of crime against gays. Tough shit, wife gets to take a husband to the cleaner in divorce court, so should Mel's wife. Equal treatment comes with equal crap that goes with it.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Looks like her Ex doesnt think she can live on 23K a month and is asking for 120K+ that she has become accustomed to.

Best you wished you have kept your dick in your pants now eh Melissa?

Melissa Etheridge's Ex: I Can't Live on $23,000 a Month - E! Online

Those that follow my post know I support gay marriage (or Union) ---- but only if the they follow the same rules and regulations IE no special treatment.
(I see no reason they shouldn't be as miserable as the rest of us straight folk)

This will be interesting to watch because its time for Melissa to pay the piper - just like a guy would in the same circumstances...hell her ex should get half of everything JUST LIKE what happens to us guys that make big money and decide to wriggle upstream and spawn. (dissomaster computation)

Interesting Melissa is saying that because the marriage wasn't legal at the time she doesn't have to pay, but she did in fact get married and had two kids with donors sperm. (hypocritical bitch)

If Melissa gets away with that its a real blow to the gay community as their opponents will forever point out that there never was any real seriousness in their plight and the cause should never be allowed.

Common law would link any guy to that marriage if it were a man and a woman and the guy would pay through the nose X4

It will be interesting to see if the gay community wants to be truly treated equally, or if by equal they mean all the benefits an none of the downsides of marriage.

This was just a mater of time and If Melissa doesn't get the same "dissomaster" treatment any guy would get then the whole thing is nothing more than a benefit scam.

Better be careful what you wish for....

Uncle Dave
This is exactly why the ambulance chasing lawyers were salivating over this issue like the pack of rabid Hyenas they are.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

True- that is in no way shape or from nearly as meaningful as the outcome of this though. Britney cant claim they were never legitimately married which is what Mel is trying to do. (and in doing so threatening the ENTIRE gays communities struggle for legitimacy in Union/ Marriage)

This sets many precedents. Its either going to be a legitimate divorce or its going to be a sham.

California needs to insist that this divorce go through the process known as the "dissomaster". (just like everyone else )

Enter the formulas and it is what it is.

No whining, no bullshit, no favors, nothing but a good old fashion ass kicking to the breadwinner/father figure.
Child support, alimony, and property all based on the income of the breadwinner.

It usually leaves both parties with a near equal amount for a minimum of half the duration of the marriage, plus a split of any retirement account (yaay!) or if the marriage was deemed long term - the payments NEVER END until the court orders a stop or the receiving spouse remarries.

Melissa put a ring on it - and now she needs to face the music like the rest of us.

Uncle Dave

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
True- that is in no way shape or from nearly as meaningful as the outcome of this though. Britney cant claim they were never legitimately married which is what Mel is trying to do. (and in doing so threatening the ENTIRE gays communities struggle for legitimacy in Union/ Marriage)

This sets many precedents. Its either going to be a legitimate divorce or its going to be a sham.

California needs to insist that this divorce go through the process known as the "dissomaster". (just like everyone else )

Enter the formulas and it is what it is.

No whining, no bullshit, no favors, nothing but a good old fashion ass kicking to the breadwinner/father figure.
Child support, alimony, and property all based on the income of the breadwinner.

It usually leaves both parties with a near equal amount for a minimum of half the duration of the marriage, plus a split of any retirement account (yaay!) or if the marriage was deemed long term - the payments NEVER END until the court orders a stop or the receiving spouse remarries.

Melissa put a ring on it - and now she needs to face the music like the rest of us.

Uncle Dave
^^^ You say that like there is a problem with that ^^^ hil:)

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
homo or not

I think so many things are absolutely idiotic in this world. If you can peaceably live with, marry & spawn off spring with another person then you should be able to divorce them in the same fashion. My ex & I agreed it was done, used one lawyer & took our legal pad into her office which had everything spelled out. The only thing we disagreed on was a Toadies cd, which we burned a copy of. We had been together 14 yrs and had a house, 2 boats, motorhome, and a race car. It was peaceful & we are still friends! People are idiots!

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
That was Katy Perry. Pic is Britney Spears.

Wut? :)eh:)
Did you forget Britney's kiss with Madona. Think it was a grammy performance.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Thats what I was talking about AZ... And I think there were a few others in her web while out partying...
Yeah, I remember.

Madonna got a little lovin' from Christina also.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I'm a "stick in the mud" traditionalist and I'll openly admit it.
FACT! -It takes the union of a man and a woman to make children and perpetuate our society. God created us that way for a reason. 99.9999 % of the people ever born on earth came from the union of a man and a woman and the overwhelming majority of them had the opportunity to be raised in a traditional family with a loving mother and father. God planned it that way. I hold the family unit to be sacred and believe it's under attack by a very small percentage who want their alternative choices validated. I am also aware that there are many who prefer to live an alternative lifestyle. That's their choice and I support them in that choice as long as traditional marriage is not diluted by legislation, mandates of acceptance or their lifestyle choices are forcibly taught to our traditional family children as if it will somehow better them or, as long as they don't parade this choice around like peacocks.

Now, with this, and other stories like it, we read that they really don't want equal treatment? How trite of them.

All the legislation in the world won't change the fact that we were meant to be brought into this world in traditional families. Rationalize all you want but that fact will never change. IMHO

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm a "stick in the mud" traditionalist and I'll openly admit it.
FACT! -It takes the union of a man and a woman to make children and perpetuate our society. God created us that way for a reason. 99.9999 % of the people ever born on earth came from the union of a man and a woman and the overwhelming majority of them had the opportunity to be raised in a traditional family with a loving mother and father. God planned it that way. I hold the family unit to be sacred and believe it's under attack by a very small percentage who want their alternative choices validated. I am also aware that there are many who prefer to live an alternative lifestyle. That's their choice and I support them in that choice as long as traditional marriage is not diluted by legislation, mandates of acceptance or their lifestyle choices are forcibly taught to our traditional family children as if it will somehow better them or, as long as they don't parade this choice around like peacocks.

Now, with this, and other stories like it, we read that they really don't want equal treatment? How trite of them.

All the legislation in the world won't change the fact that we were meant to be brought into this world in traditional families. Rationalize all you want but that fact will never change. IMHO
I understand and respect your position.
I felt the same way for a large part of my life.

UD

1 - 18 of 18 Posts