Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
News from the track is that he has a broken arm,leg and ribs could not find him for about 10 mins capsule stayed with the boat and sunk

·
Registered
273 Posts
we there i had leave early so i missed the crash ....... but he was making some great passes all weekend ........glad he's going to be okay

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Glad they found the capsule in time. Dexter is deeper than many of the places we race at. They say in stress situations 20 minutes of oxygen can go a lot faster. Good to know he will be o.k.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Don Ermshar

12 Jul 2009 09:04 PM Latest word is Don is OK "Bump on the knogging and a dislocated shoulder" glad to hear this info and they are keeping him over night just so they can make so money!!! Holiday Inn Select would have been cheeper but...

It's good to know the "Don" is ok.

From Dragboat Racing web site

·
Banned
1,517 Posts
Walking around the pits and bothering the racers I found Don to be one of the nicest guys to talk too- Take care Don! glad your ok and heal quick

·
a.k.a WHIPLASH #180
1,099 Posts
WOW, this is great news that he is ok. The word we had gotten and the Dexter races is that he crashed and was in much worse shape.
Get well soon!!!!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Was a great weekend , I left right before this happen , I Believe he was on the ropes when we packed up , Had a 5 year old and my folks with me and they just couldnt take the heat anymore . When we left saturday the car thermo was reading 110F lol dont think sunday was any cooler

Besides Don crash and a TAH (sorry cant remember his name ) loosing an ear on his prop and sinking his boat it was a realy safe event exept for a few drunks passing out in the heat lol

Prayers go out to Don and his Family and the whole team .

ps: dont want to thread jack . But any one catch the carnage of the fuel boats ? Was an expensive weekend for the disorderly conduct crew , They ate 2 engines up and had bad delamination on the left front sponson .Was bad enough that it bent the braces for the outriggers

Last pass they made , The boat started eating itself up a as soon as he opened the throtle , The boat wasnt happy at all it looked pissed lol , That thing was all over the place ,He ended up hiting the light in the traps

Problem child boat even had delamination on the left rear sponson , So niether one was able to make it to the line for the final pass ;(

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
News from the track is that he has a broken arm,leg and ribs could not find him for about 10 mins capsule stayed with the boat and sunk
Man that's scarry right there!!!! Glad they found him in time and that Don is okay!!!!! Get well soon!!!!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Being a flatbottom guy, Don is one of my hero's. Really glad to hear he is o.k., and had the wits about him to stay with the capsule and wait for the divers. Sorry to see the boat gone, Jims old boat Mako Force was one of the prettiest flats you would ever see. Will this be the end of the road for one of our living legends?

·
a.k.a WHIPLASH #180
1,099 Posts
Does anyone know what caused the wreck??? I assume parts failure?
Was it at the top of the track or off the start??

·
Registered
979 Posts
Does anyone know what caused the wreck??? I assume parts failure?
Was it at the top of the track or off the start??

Rob, I read on another site that it happened right in the lights. He was under for a while. Also read that he is in ICU and having surgery to improve blood flow to his arm. They think blood clots is the problem. This is just what I read. Ralph

·
Registered
378 Posts
He is in surgery right now. At noon today, they tried to put a stint in and that procedure failed.

His left arm is the most injured, as well as his right elbow.

A team of doctors was called in to evaluate and he went back into surgery at 5 pm today and as of about 20 minutes ago, was still in there.

They are doing a bypass on him to get blood flowing to that arm.

Might be that the left side injuries to his tendons, muscles, etc caused a blood flow problem to the left arm.

As for speculation that there was equipment failure, the prop was there and there is no indication that was the case. The capsule failed to float.

I saw the crash from the end of the course and the boat chined 3 times right in the lights and then violently crashed. The capsule lid was open at the highest point of the crash and it hit capsule down.

His helmet was intact and from what I understand did exactly what it was supposed to do.

The incredible news is that he is alive...!

He is in a good hospital with top notch heart surgeons and trauma center. They've taken good care of Jerry Davis and Beverly Stokes in the past....they can get Don patched up just the same...!

Keep Don and Phyllis in your thoughts and prayers.

... :))THumbsUp

1 - 20 of 93 Posts