Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm 24 days away from finishing Nursing school, whoo hoo. Part of the school is doing clinical rotations (working for free for experience). Today, I was assigned to the "free clinic".. not much good for me. I couldn't understand anyone. Of all the patients, 1 ( I kid you not) could speak English. Isn't there an english test for citizenship? Here's the kicker, I figured since I was there for free, might as well get the last Hep B shot I needed, NOT free for me...cost me 65.00. Man, I gotta learn espanol... I could save a fortune.. School for me 30,000, School for welfare recipitant..0. and she didn't even finish:)st

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts
citizenship, legally, yes. It is a requirement.

citizenship by anchor baby, not so much (although I find that most young people do speak good english, the ones I've come across anyway).

illegals, fagettaboutit... no habla.

·
Registered
258 Posts
So, I'm 24 days away from finishing Nursing school, whoo hoo. Part of the school is doing clinical rotations (working for free for experience). Today, I was assigned to the "free clinic".. not much good for me. I couldn't understand anyone. Of all the patients, 1 ( I kid you not) could speak English. Isn't there an english test for citizenship? Here's the kicker, I figured since I was there for free, might as well get the last Hep B shot I needed, NOT free for me...cost me 65.00. Man, I gotta learn espanol... I could save a fortune.. School for me 30,000, School for welfare recipitant..0. and she didn't even finish:)st
Just curious. Who is the sponser of the clinic?

Congratulations on becoming a nurse.

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Just curious. Who is the sponser of the clinic?

Congratulations on becoming a nurse.
Does it matter if they can't speak English and it's free? It's probably a subsection of Acorn as part of their preparation for the big funds they were going to get under the O healthcare.:|err

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Congrats!!! :)

I am trying to encourage my son to learn Spanish as a second language. :)

·
Registered
3,364 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
I've been in construction for almost 20 years and a contractor for the last 10, and i refuse to learn mexican and if i get some sub-contractors on the job that cant speak english i tell 'em to get the [email protected]%k off my jobsite, its kind of funny how they can understand that...:D

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Doesn't that post make you a racist?:)sphss:)hand:)hand

·
Registered
582 Posts
Doesn't that post make you a racist?:)sphss:)hand:)hand
Nope, what that makes him is a very smart general contractor, because communication between general and subs, and sub to sub is key for safety on a job site. I was burned by hot tar from a roof when the super told the roofing contractor that all the other subs were working on the east end of the building and they needed to stay on the west half of the roof with the hot tar. Roofing contractor was running two crews (one english speaking and one spanish speaking) and evidently the espanol crew lost instructions in the translation. I got their cars with the trencher later that week. Also, MSDS (material safety data sheets) on most job sites are only in english, safety meetings are in english, blueprints are in english, and when I tell someone that there is a dangerous electrical hazard such as high voltage lines low enough to be hit by a dump truck with the dump bed up I need everyone to understand!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Not to mention the average mexican construction worker does shity work, they leave a freak'n huge mess everywhere they go (including bottles and cups of piss everywhere) and they hurt our economy by undercuting legal workers that have to pay taxs and insurance. One of the things i think is to often overlooked is how they hurt the economy by not investing any of the money they make back into America with a house, nice truck, eating out ect. instead they live as dirt cheap as they can (often off the tax payers dime) and then saving and sending back to mexico almost all their money since they have no intention of living here long term. :|err

·
Registered
653 Posts
I've been in construction for almost 20 years and a contractor for the last 10, and i refuse to learn mexican and if i get some sub-contractors on the job that cant speak english i tell 'em to get the [email protected]%k off my jobsite, its kind of funny how they can understand that...:D
What,cha goda do is Hire a bunch of wetbacks and work there arses off hard for a week then come pay day you call the INS out hehe Then just start all over on monday lol If we start burning these guys maybe they get a Hint and leave

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
What,cha goda do is Hire a bunch of wetbacks and work there arses off hard for a week then come pay day you call the INS out hehe Then just start all over on monday lol If we start burning these guys maybe they get a Hint and leave
Now that's a damn good idea right there :)devil

·
Registered
165 Posts
You know what a Mexican and a cue ball have in common?

The harder you hit them the more english you get out of them!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts