Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
very nice boat, looks killer. take off the bow rail and it would look even better. JMO.
Okay now we have two different schools on a cruiser. I would put the windshield back on and leave the bow rail! Some like a smooth deck and some like the design of a cruiser! Just My Opinion. M

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Very cool boat, don't mess with it. I have a buddy that has a similiar boat, its an Eliminator though, and he has the same Indmar engine. He stated that he is only getting 55mph out of his. Just curious because you mentioned you were getting 65mph if you have done any modifications.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very cool boat, don't mess with it. I have a buddy that has a similiar boat, its an Eliminator though, and he has the same Indmar engine. He stated that he is only getting 55mph out of his. Just curious because you mentioned you were getting 65mph if you have done any modifications.
Motor - heads have been worked a lil, big cam, 750 Holley double pumper tuned by an old school guy
Pump - 12JG with droop, diverter, A impeller, loader

I could only get 62 on GPS before tuning it and after getting the timing and carb tuned I got it up to 65 on two different GPS's.

I would say the tuning the pump I have got me to 65. Without the loader, droop and diverter I dont think I would have hit 60. What's your buddys pump setup?

I'm going to throw a supercharger on it this winter or nitrous. Not sure which yet. I've already got a nice plate system so I may just put that on it and wait on the supercharger. I got smoked by a supercharged jet ski not long ago and that pissed me off. Got to get 70+ out of this thing so I can at least hang with jet skis, lol.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
coryo:1474912 said:
Very cool boat, don't messj with it. I have a buddy that has a similiar boat, its an Eliminator though, and he has the same Indmar engine. He stated that he is only getting 55mph out of his. Just curious because you mentioned you were getting 65mph if you have done any modifications.
Motor - heads have been worked a lil, big cam, 750 Holley double pumper tuned by an old school guy
Pump - 12JG with droop, diverter, A impeller, loader

I could only get 62 on GPS before tuning it and after getting the timing and carb tuned I got it up to 65 on two different GPS's.

I would say the tuning the pump I have got me to 65. Without the loader, droop and diverter I dont think I would have hit 60. What's your buddys pump setup?

I'm going to throw a supercharger on it this winter or nitrous. Not sure which yet. I've already got a nice plate system so I may just put that on it and wait on the supercharger. I got smoked by a supercharged jet ski not long ago and that pissed me off. Got to get 70+ out of this thing so I can at least hang with jet skis, lol.
his buddy is me. Nice boat man! I don't ecxactly know tshe details of my pump. Its got.a place diverter and I'm pretty sure the rest is stock. I would like to do heads and a cam and a droop and ride but I'm not sure what the 3 point mounts are good for HP wise.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Okay now we have two different schools on a cruiser. I would put the windshield back on and leave the bow rail! Some like a smooth deck and some like the design of a cruiser! Just My Opinion. M
Ditto...and lose the '80's prostock scoop.....but that's just me....;)
Killer looking boat any way ya slice it......:))THumbsUp

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ditto...and lose the '80's prostock scoop.....but that's just me....;)
Killer looking boat any way ya slice it......:))THumbsUp
Thanks man and I've been torn on the scoop. I like it and then I dont. My oldest kiddo loves it, but he's just 6. He doesnt know any better, lol. The windshield and rails have got to go. I would like to redo the interior with a rear bench and a nice deck over the engine. Supercharger would look nice sticking thru a deck instead of a useless scoop. :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
his buddy is me. Nice boat man! I don't ecxactly know tshe details of my pump. Its got.a place diverter and I'm pretty sure the rest is stock. I would like to do heads and a cam and a droop and ride but I'm not sure what the 3 point mounts are good for HP wise.
Appreciate it, and you got a clean ass boat yourself. Love the old Eliminator cruisers!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
coryo:1474995 said:
Appreciate it, and you got a clean ass boat yourself. Love the old Eliminator cruisers!
what kind of engine mounts are you running?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts