Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to have a set of adaptors created. I would need to have them ported from the exhaust port style of the head to the port style of the header.
Heads are a 32 valve 5.4 lincoln
headers are for the expedition motor.
any help or guidance appreciated.

·
i'm back!!
687 Posts
Any good machine shop could do it, id just carve them out of billet and hand port to finish. One MAJOR problem...thats one off prototype stuff.we did this all the time and there is no quote. its 100.00 a hour design and machine time and its however long it takes...so...hang on to your shorts as these jobs are always a pain in the a$$ for the shop...you learn not to take these jobs at all after a while...lol...:)sphss:)sphss

but yeah if you were closer id make them at my shop at home..fun hobby winter project for holiday cash. :p:p

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'd try and find a common set of headers that have roughly the same spacing as your Ford engine's ports. If you can find a set that will cover the exhaust ports you're almost home free. With any luck all it'd take is some new holes on the header flanges.

·
i'm back!!
687 Posts
I'd try and find a common set of headers that have roughly the same spacing as your Ford engine's ports. If you can find a set that will cover the exhaust ports you're almost home free. With any luck all it'd take is some new holes on the header flanges.
good idea..or buy flanges and get headers close to it and wack the tubes off bend to fit and re weld

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Doesn't the Lincoln Navigator have the 32v engine? Maybe not headers, but you could get a set of manifolds from one of those that might work in an Expedition. The cast manifolds on all these newer engines are very effecient and well made.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes the lincoln has a 32v, the first year or two I believe did not. anyways a shop sold me some shorty headers that don't match my heads. looking to remedy the situation.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I need to have a set of adaptors created. I would need to have them ported from the exhaust port style of the head to the port style of the header.
Heads are a 32 valve 5.4 lincoln
headers are for the expedition motor.
any help or guidance appreciated.
What are these header's going in ? ........Eric:)hand

1 - 7 of 7 Posts