Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
IAFF 2916
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures of how you have run your exhaust for your eu2000i genny? Is it too hot to run it through exhaust rubber hose? I have a S.S. through hull fitting that I worry about discoloring my colored hull. Has anyone ran a 12v water pump to the batter charger of the genny. Then T into the exhast to run water through it. That way the pump would only run after the gen. is running. I worry about filling the exhaust with water. My boat has captians choice so I though about running it through there. Again i worry about water backflow. I am thinking about the bilge but also have another ventilated storage compartment I might use. Still planning it all out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Nordic 35' Flame
529 Posts
This was someone from the boards picture. I saved it because I plan to run mine like this someday... I like the loop in the stainless tubing to prevent water from backing up into the exhaust.

·
Box Pimp
2,260 Posts
This was someone from the boards picture. I saved it because I plan to run mine like this someday... I like the loop in the stainless tubing to prevent water from backing up into the exhaust.

That's mine! :D We changed it though to go out the back instead of the side so you don't blow exhaust on the boat next to you if you tie up. We also took out the bendy piece because it was weak and broke to easy.

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
That's mine! :D We changed it though to go out the back instead of the side so you don't blow exhaust on the boat next to you if you tie up. We also took out the bendy piece because it was weak and broke to easy.

What did you do about a vent line for the gas cap? That was my main question when we went over this on that other site??

·
ERECT MEMBER
2,414 Posts
mine is kinda like matts, i have a stainless compression fitting that can be unscrewed for service. I run it out the back and it does not get hot enough to discolor the gell. I ran it thru a SS braided fuel line for 2 years (rubber) worked just fine. You have to replace it every year tho cuz the rubber gets hard, brittle, then cracks and leaks the exhaust.

JP at ron's ear for sound did mine, start to finish including parts was only $500. Worth every penny!!! I have no pics sorry

P.S. It suprises me that the stainless hard tubing (like matt's) doesn't get very hot. I was gonna ceramic coat mine but because of a time crunch it didn't happen, I'm glad I didn't cuz it would have been a waste of $$. It doesn't even blister the paint on the inside of the motor compartment:)devil:)devil...I run my exit hole under the water line just under my exhaust tip so the water helps disapate the fumes.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
mine is kinda like matts, i have a stainless compression fitting that can be unscrewed for service. I run it out the back and it does not get hot enough to discolor the gell. I ran it thru a SS braided fuel line for 2 years (rubber) worked just fine. You have to replace it every year tho cuz the rubber gets hard, brittle, then cracks and leaks the exhaust.

JP at ron's ear for sound did mine, start to finish including parts was only $500. Worth every penny!!! I have no pics sorry

P.S. It suprises me that the stainless hard tubing (like matt's) doesn't get very hot. I was gonna ceramic coat mine but because of a time crunch it didn't happen, I'm glad I didn't cuz it would have been a waste of $$. It doesn't even blister the paint on the inside of the motor compartment:)devil:)devil...I run my exit hole under the water line just under my exhaust tip so the water helps disapate the fumes.
Must run those speakers under the water to muffle them too cause we couldn't hear it Sat.:D

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts

So no issues having a tank vented in the engine compartment? Do you only run it with the engine hatch open? Just wondering. I know froggy was saying at one point that they were thinking of having a billet cap with a vent line like a mx bike has ,but I think he scratched that ideal. Last post he made on the issue sounded like they were not going to install the gensets because of uscg regs.

·
ERECT MEMBER
2,414 Posts
Must run those speakers under the water to muffle them too cause we couldn't hear it Sat.:D
you were just too busy looking for allen wrenches....maybe the speakers are worn out, I don't put new ones in every trip......:D:D:D

My friends parents were there and his dad is very large and intimidating, so the music stayed at a mellow volume:D:D...I was skeered

·
Box Pimp
2,260 Posts
So no issues having a tank vented in the engine compartment? Do you only run it with the engine hatch open? Just wondering. I know froggy was saying at one point that they were thinking of having a billet cap with a vent line like a mx bike has ,but I think he scratched that ideal. Last post he made on the issue sounded like they were not going to install the gensets because of uscg regs.
I crack the hatch or have the blowers on if it's completely shut. No, I have had no problems.

·
ERECT MEMBER
2,414 Posts
I run my blower with mine. When its real hot outside I crack open the hatch, the geny will go into protection mode if it overheats (too much engine heat in motor hatch). Matt has a twin motor boat and has alot more air so heat is probly not an issue, mine is a single and gets very warm air and has shut the geny down (only once on a very hot day after about 6 or so hours). I run my geny 10-12 hours a day and have never had an issue with gas cap venting, or even a hint of gas smell.

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
Cool deal thanks for the info. I have a 2000 w honda that runs my marine ac but it just sits on the swim step. I am thinking this install is the hot ticket. I did read some today and I guess some people are using a honda mower cap to vent them outside. I may try that. Or I may just leave it.

·
IAFF 2916
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. I ended getting a matching ss thru hull fitting for my boat. I ran 1 1/8th inch rubber marine exhaust hose (very thick with wire in it). I hooked it all up out of the boat and it never really got hot after running 2 hours. I could hold the fitting and it was only warm as well as the hose. I figure I would use a large hose for more insulation and less restriction. I do not plann on using it as much as you guys. I run 3 large trojans (as in batteries) which can go all weekend without a charge. I have a 4 day camping trip coming up and want 120v for a coffee maker and blender. My 12v ice chest draws some poer also. So I plan on running it in the evening and morning only.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts