Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boat came with a set of wet logs with over the transom pipes, but I think they are assembled upside down. It looks to me like the manifold would have to fill completely before any water exits the pipe.I am posting pics of it. Am I right or do I just not get how they work?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
2 sections

My boat came with a set of wet logs with over the transom pipes, but I think they are assembled upside down. It looks to me like the manifold would have to fill completely before any water exits the pipe.I am posting pics of it. Am I right or do I just not get how they work?
Ron, there are separate chambers for exhaust gas and water. The log's water jacket is around the exhaust chamber, and yes, they do fill up before the water is forced out the hose to the over the top extensions. The water enters the exhaust passage in the rear area of the tubes, and is expelled as steam if everything is right........There is no water in the exhaust down near the heads.....Ray

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ron, there are separate chambers for exhaust gas and water. The log's water jacket is around the exhaust chamber, and yes, they do fill up before the water is forced out the hose to the over the top extensions. The water enters the exhaust passage in the rear area of the tubes, and is expelled as steam if everything is right........There is no water in the exhaust down near the heads.....Ray
Now I get it! Thanks buddy.

·
Registered
736 Posts
over the transome pipes

where u have the water line on the exhust log i use as an outlet to the block. the water inlet is at the far end to preheat the water before it goes to the block then i exit the water to the fitting on the over the transome pipe. it works really good. and also i am able to maintain a more even engine temp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.