Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a series of explosions and a fire at the Chevron refinery in Richmond at about 6:40 PM today. No word on casualities. Be prepaired for the usual customary gas and diesel price increase that no doubt will follow this disaster.

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts
Hope everyone is OK. Better fill up now.

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
Hopefully everyone is okay...............as if they need an excuse to raise prices:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
There was a series of explosions and a fire at the Chevron refinery in Richmond at about 6:40 PM today. No word on casualities. Be prepaired for the usual customary gas and diesel price increase that no doubt will follow this disaster.
Yep. Modern refining process is a continous process beginning to end, that cannot be interupted anywhere in the process or the whole thing has to be shut down.
Besides the loss of refining capacity which is thin already in this state, the EPA, AQMD, and Cal OHSA will climb up their skirt with fines so big it would terrify the average person. And they will simply pass the unforseen cost right down the line.

Don't think for a minute this only effects the prices from Chevron. The other refineries will see the drop in refining capacity and the "supply and demand" will kick in and they will more than benefit from the drop in supply.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yep. Modern refining process is a continous process beginning to end, that cannot be interupted anywhere in the process or the whole thing has to be shut down.
Besides the loss of refining capacity which is thin already in this state, the EPA, AQMD, and Cal OHSA will climb up their skirt with fines so big it would terrify the average person. And they will simply pass the unforseen cost right down the line.

Don't think for a minute this only effects the prices from Chevron. The other refineries will see the drop in refining capacity and the "supply and demand" will kick in and they will more than benefit from the drop in supply.
YEP, You know your shit !!!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

They don't just see it... the oil companies buy/trade gas and diesel from whatever refinery has it. I've seen Arco, Shell, Unocal, Valero, etc. tanker trucks at all the different refineries regardless of brand.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
In SoCal it ALL goes to one distribution center regardless who refined it, and it goes from there into mostly common carrier trucks that deliever it to the stations. There are some "brand" trucks out there, but they ALL still get there gas from the same central distribution center. They simply dump the "additive" package into the tank before they fill it. Same goes with the ethanol. There is no "Chevron, Shell, Union 76." Its just gasoline and additive packages.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the ambulance chasers are hard at work...One Richmond laywer has his sign up that said "File your Chevron lawsuit here" People were lined up and waiting at his door at 6:30 AM today.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
More of zeros voting core looking for their piece of the redistribution of the money pie. When I read in the news how many had flooded the emergency rooms I could see this coming. BOTTOM FEEDERS !!!

·
Registered
499 Posts

Damn right. The last west coast fire, a few back, had gas here at $4+ here, WA. Got down to $3.25, and in town today, closing in at $4 again.

This country is fucked, with stupid. ZERO new refineries, decades. "Keystone pipe line..."...not gonna happen. And on the EPA? ..need to be corralled up in a pen, like cattle, and shot. Assholes in suits and ties, .."saving the world"

Seems our "gov", (what do they care any price anything, its free to them anyway.."call my limo". I sick and tired what this old Nam Vet has seen, (yes, I remember the oil embargo, 74ish, NO gas). "We need a energy policy!"..(yeah right, still waiting, 38 YEARS now?)

Hate to say, but the idiots and assholes, on YOUR tax dime..(well, was a dime, now close to every dollar ya make)....are WAY out of hand, and if obozo gets re-elected...:))ThumbsDwn Were fucked.......

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Since monday it has went up .18 What a bunch of bullshit. We need to round up the lawyers and put them in the pen with the epa boys and have at them also, they have ruined more business and recreation areas then anything!!:)bit

·
Registered
499 Posts
Since monday it has went up .18 What a bunch of bullshit. We need to round up the lawyers and put them in the pen with the epa boys and have at them also, they have ruined more business and recreation areas then anything!!:)bit
Yep. I saw the .."beginning, of the end", back in the 70's..Muscle cars... "sorry"...no more

Best I can say here. Fun is now outlawed"...innovation, is dead, by scum sucking ..(lawyers)..small biz?..don't get me started here, as the tax code book here, is 300 pages, SMALL START UP BIZ? :))ThumbsDwn ...(kids busted for "lemonade stands now?) WTF HAPPENED HERE?) :bangmyhead:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts