Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Prices May Vary...
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright...I don't buy extended warranties ever, I don't see the need to insure purchases that I can self insure.

That being said, I have noticed over the years more and more warranties being offered on items. It started with cars and then became commonplace in the electronics stores, to the point where Best Buy makes most of its profit selling insurance on their products.

Then a couple weeks ago I am buying a 40 dollar griddle at Sears, and the girl asks me if I want to pay 12 bucks extra for an extended warranty. I laughed and said no thanks.

I didn't think it could get worse than that, but then today I am shopping at The Sports Authority and the kid tells me I can get a 1 year warranty on the 7.99 chairs I'm buying for 5 DOLLARS.

Are you F*ckn kidding me..........do people really buy this crap??????

:)hammers

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Alright...I don't buy extended warranties ever, I don't see the need to insure purchases that I can self insure.

That being said, I have noticed over the years more and more warranties being offered on items. It started with cars and then became commonplace in the electronics stores, to the point where Best Buy makes most of its profit selling insurance on their products.

Then a couple weeks ago I am buying a 40 dollar griddle at Sears, and the girl asks me if I want to pay 12 bucks extra for an extended warranty. I laughed and said no thanks.

I didn't think it could get worse than that, but then today I am shopping at The Sports Authority and the kid tells me I can get a 1 year warranty on the 7.99 chairs I'm buying for 5 DOLLARS.

Are you F*ckn kidding me..........do people really buy this crap??????

:)hammers
You said it yourself. it's a big profit maker.

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Now that's sum funny shiat right there. I did buy one on my 1500 z71. A year latter I was using it, new trany. I did buy one on my 2500, six months later I did use it, new head, exhaust manifold and all the BS labor, came to about 3k and the free rental. That was $1,600.00 well spent.
I bought a garage door opener from sears. The boy say's " do you want the one year warrenty with it". What? What does it come with. 90 days. I said "if this quits after 90 days it's going to come flying through that window". Sears sucks.....

·
The King
1,107 Posts
No thanks

Most of the time it seems like they spend half their time trying to sell you an extended warrantee and the other half of the time telling you why it doesn't cover what is broken.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
They tried hard on the $20 Razor scooter.

Think of it this way though.
They sold us a $20 warranty (covers anything and everything regardless of how/why) on a replacement Nintendo DS.

Now I can send in the old broken DS.

We can do that, I ask?

Yup.

Sign me up. :)devil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts