Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Just heard on the news gas prices are up. :)sphss

How long was all this increase in production been "under construction" per say? 5-10 years?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Just heard on the news gas prices are up. :)sphss

How long was all this increase in production been "under construction" per say? 5-10 years?
"If there's ever going to be an opportunity to raise the gas tax, the time when oil prices are so low is the time to do it," said House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-California, at a news conference on Thursday. "
"I think now's the time to do it, but we ought to do it in a thoughtful way," said Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin, D-Illinois, on Wednesday, according to The Hill. Durbin suggested pairing the hike with tax credits for lower- and middle-income families to shield them from the effects of the regressive tax.

FC remember the old saying " Never let a crisis go to waste" it's not so much of a crisis but lower fuel cost, sooooo it's a perfect time to increase taxes at the pump when it will be felt the least. Almost forgot to quote Dick Durbin "regressive tax"

·
Registered
499 Posts
But there doing it in a "thoughtful" way.... Liberals can justify anything because of "feelings", while they rob us blind!!!!

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Exxon is great company. Always pay great dividends.
They're not bad, almost twice what they paid in 2008

Some of the folks on this site indicate the oil industry is on the verge of collapse.
Of course those same ones also say, the industry guarantees themselves a profit.:)Rant

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
They're not bad, almost twice what they paid in 2008

Some of the folks on this site indicate the oil industry is on the verge of collapse.
Of course those same ones also say, the industry guarantees themselves a profit.:)Rant
That is not what I said.

I said they guarantee themselves a minimum profit margin by cutting outlay, and I never said they were on the verge of collapse.
I said they are cutting thousands of domestic jobs to guarantee that margin.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
That is not what I said.

I said they guarantee themselves a minimum profit margin by cutting outlay, and I never said they were on the verge of collapse.
You and your #teabaggeridealology ... You, yOu, YoU, U.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :)sphss :)sphss :)sphss :)sphss :)sphss

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is not what I said.

OK, I'm confused.
I'm sure it'll be easy to point out my error, but

"they guarantee themselves a minimum profit margin" is posted by thatguy,
later I post, Of course those same ones also say, the industry guarantees themselves a profit.
thatguy then said, "That is not what I said." (referring to himself)

My reaction is
:signhuh:

It would appear to me as though, if one guarantees them self a profit margin, they are also guaranteeing themselves a profit.
What am I missing?

In the same post headed "That is not what I said," Mr. thatguyfelt it was necessary to post, "I never said they were on the verge of collapse".
I assume it was in response to when I posted, "Some of the folks on this site indicate the oil industry is on the verge of collapse."
I feel sure that if anyone looks back at some of the recent postings in the past few weeks, you'd swear that "Some of the folks on this site" did make it sound
as though some in the oil industry were about to go down in flames due to the low oil prices and not making enough money.

I agree that I don't recall thatguy saying they were, but then I also didn't post that he did either.
It appears that everything is open to interpretation and what one might wish to make of it.

If others interpreted it the same way, I apologize.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
OK, I'm confused.
I'm sure it'll be easy to point out my error, but

"they guarantee themselves a minimum profit margin" is posted by thatguy,
later I post, Of course those same ones also say, the industry guarantees themselves a profit.
thatguy then said, "That is not what I said." (referring to himself)

My reaction is
:signhuh:

It would appear to me as though, if one guarantees them self a profit margin, they are also guaranteeing themselves a profit.
What am I missing?

In the same post headed "That is not what I said," Mr. thatguyfelt it was necessary to post, "I never said they were on the verge of collapse".
I assume it was in response to when I posted, "Some of the folks on this site indicate the oil industry is on the verge of collapse."
I feel sure that if anyone looks back at some of the recent postings in the past few weeks, you'd swear that "Some of the folks on this site" did make it sound
as though some in the oil industry were about to go down in flames due to the low oil prices and not making enough money.

I agree that I don't recall thatguy saying they were, but then I also didn't post that he did either.
It appears that everything is open to interpretation and what one might wish to make of it.

If others interpreted it the same way, I apologize.
What are you missing? Primarily one functioning brain cell.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
I think he has two and they are constantly arguing with each other.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
:weirdo:

Brain cells die off as part of living, so one isn't bad. It happens with everyone.
How many brain cells are you missing? A bunch apparently.

I just ask what part of the post was incorrect and you seemed determined to make a big issue when there is none.
Can you or can you not clarify what you said?

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
:weirdo:

Can you or can you not clarify what you said?
I don't believe that you can grasp even the simplest of clarifications...IE: It isn't my statements that require clarification, it is your failure to comprehend that seems to be the core of your problem...and it IS your problem.

If all those teachers couldn't help you, it would seem awful presumptuous of me to think that I, with my lack of education, profound ignorance, and selfish nature could make a dent in that thick skull of yours...although I do appreciate your suggestion to the contrary. That clear it up for you?

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't believe that you can grasp even the simplest of clarifications...IE: It isn't my statements that require clarification, it is your failure to comprehend that seems to be the core of your problem...and it IS your problem.

If all those teachers couldn't help you, it would seem awful presumptuous of me to think that I, with my lack of education, profound ignorance, and selfish nature could make a dent in that thick skull of yours...although I do appreciate your suggestion to the contrary. That clear it up for you?

Not my problem, you're the one complaining.
In talking about yourself, "with my lack of education, profound ignorance, and selfish nature" I'll be forced to agree as being a problem. :gas:

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Not my problem, you're the one complaining.
In talking about yourself, "with my lack of education, profound ignorance, and selfish nature" I'll be forced to agree as being a problem. :gas:
I was using your adjectives...damn, and to think that I actually thought you were Ram.
RTI, if you are reading I apologize profusely.:)hand

This Jim guy is about a full pallet shy of a full load...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts