Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a 1997 scarab 23scs(sport competeion series)same boat from the movie face off with nicolas cage and john travolta, this boat is awesome its just not for me. its powered with a merc 502mpi that gets serviced by all at stoker boats. boat comes with everything needed to go to the river sand spike, box ancor, ropes,bumpers life jackets and 3 soft side coolers that all match the boat, full cover, cockpit cover and a bimini top.upholstery is in great shape the seat bootomes were getting warn so i replaced them this season. boat runs [email protected] with a 26 pitch prop i also have a labbed 25 and a 24. boat handles rough water with out issues, boat has been on havasu during all major holidays and has been taken to catalina(45min long beach to avalon) boat has hyd trim tabs and hyd to the helm steering dual batteries xm cd 4 6x9 and 2 51/2 speakers and 2 600watt amps. i am asking 20000 obo trades or partial trades welcome, im not getting out of boating just getting back to my roots(fast jet boats)phone number is 714 213 2158 or email me [email protected]

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats was funny clip thank you, the boat is the white one and the graphics have been changed, im sorry about the pics they will be up shortly, im an idiot and have to have a friend do it for me. Sorry about the delay

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

this should be ableto hold everyone over until i can get some photos

Specifications:
LOA 23'3" (7.09m)
Beam 8'0: (2.44m)
Dry Weight (approx w/engine) 3740 lbs. (1696.0kg)
Fuel Capacity 54 gal. (1696.0kg)
Max power @ prop 415 HP (309.4kw)
Deadrise 20"
Draft: up 21" (.53m)
Draft: down 38" (.97m)
Bridge clearance 3'6" (1.07m)

Hull & Deck
Bow eye - stainless steel
Pop-up cleats - stainless steel
Stern eyes - stainless steel
Swim platform - integrated

Cockpit
Cockpit courtesy lights
Cockpit cover - color matched
Compass
Concealed personal storage
Custom steering wheel
Custom performance gauges
Custom windscreen
Exhaust thru transom
High back bucket seats
Kiekhaeffer performance controls
V berth cushion with ski storage below

Mechanical
Battery box - heavy duty
Battery switch
Bilge blower
Bilge pump with auto float switch
Engine room lights
Engine room storage
Horn - flush mount
Ignition interrupter with Ian yard
Instrumentation - full with engine
Navigation lights
Propeller - 4 blade Bravo stainless steel
Stereo - Premium AM/FM CD
Battery switch
Bilge blower
Bilge pump with auto float switch
Engine room lights
Engine room storage
Horn - flush mount
Ignition interrupter with Ian yard
Instrumentation - full with engine
Navigation lights
Propeller - 4 blade Bravo stainless steel
Stereo - Premium AM/FM CD

Here is some of the original spec sheets from the boat

When this boat was released it made a splash in the industry
Here is one of the articles written on the 1997 Scarab SCS
==================================================================

·
Registered
620 Posts
well i can tell you this boat is top notch,ive riden in it myself and its a caddddyy,no chop this boat cant handle and is the most solid boat ive been in,runs solid and the funnyyy thing about it,;;; it will probably beat most boats out there of its size that cost 60,000 somebody would be stupid not to nab this thing up,or trade,good luck with the sell or trade

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
well i can tell you this boat is top notch,ive riden in it myself and its a caddddyy,no chop this boat cant handle and is the most solid boat ive been in,runs solid and the funnyyy thing about it,;;; it will probably beat most boats out there of its size that cost 60,000 somebody would be stupid not to nab this thing up,or trade,good luck with the sell or trade
Definatly a lot of boat for the money! This would be a great boat for Mead too!
This boat is very clean for its age, I will attest to the great condition of the boat.

Good luck with the sale Brandon, I'm sure she will sell quickly for the price your asking!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey brandon so whats next maybe that new m35 not sure if dave will make one with a jet but for enough money he will probably do anything. This is a very clean well maintained boat and its alot of boat for the money. Have made many river trips with this boat and it looks good from the back, thats cause its faster than mine, for now. good luck with the sale and if your boatless soon im always looking for a good boat bitch and tour always welcome on my boat.:)devil

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well i appreciate that i really do but im sure that i will have another boat before i get rid of this one. Probably pick a hull that i can put my blower motor in for a summer or 2

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
YOUR HILAROIUS ILL BE THERE 4 5 6 7 OF JULY SO PICK A DAY AND WE CAN HAVE SOME BEERS AND THROW SOME HORSESHOES AND TELL LIES :)sphss

1 - 20 of 38 Posts