Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Distinguished Member
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You likely have wandered into this forum seeking the free exchange of technical ideas related to building horsepower. Friends, you can find that pedestrian chatter anywhere, this forum is so much more. You see, this forum is unofficially moderated by the great GN7and his associates, referred to as “gurus”( not to be confused with JetBoatGuru… he don’t do tech).

GN7 has made it his personal mission to make sure every statement posted in this forum is accurate and correct. Understand that GN7 IS the Chuck Norris of tech, a true technical badass throwing a spinning side kick to the face of EVERY inaccuracy he encounters (which is essentially anything he or one of the gurus didn’t post). The guru's know far less than he (like everyone else), however they agree implicitly with everything he says and know the gospel of GN7, so he allows them to hang around.

DO NOT allow an advanced degree to delude yourself into believing you are GN7’s peer. GN7 wipes his ass with the Marks Engineering Handbook and the book learns from the experience. GN7 once counted to infinity…… twice. You may have legions of race winning engine builds under your belt. Those accomplishments are hollow in the face of the experience GN7 brings to our humble forums. The Laws of Physics consults him as to what works….

You may post a question and GN7, or one of his gurus, may answer it. More likely though, they will use is as an opportunity to discuss pretty much anything they find more interesting (which will likely NOT be the answer to your question). To the casual observer, it may look like they are simply displaying their superior knowledge of… well everything. It’s your job to try to learn from this discussion. This prospect is unlikely, but you must try.

DO NOT EVER disagree with GN7. If you make this mistake, be prepared to suffer a verbal spinning sidekick to your face. Should this happen, do not despair, but embrace it. Having GN7 publicly diss you somewhat validates you, if only as a fundamental life form. This event should actually be celebrated. I’m going to have my many verbal thrashings immortalized on a T-shirt (I learn kinda slow and did not have the benefit of the information I’m passing on to you).

Remember, GN7 and his gurus have the FACTS… you have only opinions (one of the pearls of wisdom I’m having silkscreened on my “GN7 Diss’ed me” T shirt). Alternative viewpoints will not be tolerated; they can’t be because they are wrong. The sooner you learn this, the better off you’ll be.
:rolleyes::cool:

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Or maybe "others" who also have a great deal of knowledge are tired of all the BS that is started & then backed up by the "possy", that they simply don't even bother with this forum.

·
Banned
540 Posts
You likely have wandered into this forum seeking the free exchange of technical ideas related to building horsepower. Friends, you can find that pedestrian chatter anywhere, this forum is so much more. You see, this forum is unofficially moderated by the great GN7and his associates, referred to as “gurus”( not to be confused with JetBoatGuru… he don’t do tech).

GN7 has made it his personal mission to make sure every statement posted in this forum is accurate and correct. Understand that GN7 IS the Chuck Norris of tech, a true technical badass throwing a spinning side kick to the face of EVERY inaccuracy he encounters (which is essentially anything he or one of the gurus didn’t post). The guru's know far less than he (like everyone else), however they agree implicitly with everything he says and know the gospel of GN7, so he allows them to hang around.

DO NOT allow an advanced degree to delude yourself into believing you are GN7’s peer. GN7 wipes his ass with the Marks Engineering Handbook and the book learns from the experience. GN7 once counted to infinity…… twice. You may have legions of race winning engine builds under your belt. Those accomplishments are hollow in the face of the experience GN7 brings to our humble forums. The Laws of Physics consults him as to what works….

You may post a question and GN7, or one of his gurus, may answer it. More likely though, they will use is as an opportunity to discuss pretty much anything they find more interesting (which will likely NOT be the answer to your question). To the casual observer, it may look like they are simply displaying their superior knowledge of… well everything. It’s your job to try to learn from this discussion. This prospect is unlikely, but you must try.

DO NOT EVER disagree with GN7. If you make this mistake, be prepared to suffer a verbal spinning sidekick to your face. Should this happen, do not despair, but embrace it. Having GN7 publicly diss you somewhat validates you, if only as a fundamental life form. This event should actually be celebrated. I’m going to have my many verbal thrashings immortalized on a T-shirt (I learn kinda slow and did not have the benefit of the information I’m passing on to you).

Remember, GN7 and his gurus have the FACTS… you have only opinions (one of the pearls of wisdom I’m having silkscreened on my “GN7 Diss’ed me” T shirt). Alternative viewpoints will not be tolerated; they can’t be because they are wrong. The sooner you learn this, the better off you’ll be.
:rolleyes::cool:
Don't know much about GN7, and have never read Scripture relating to his 'truths'.

I have taken your great post and substituted several screen names used here on these Forums(particularly 'Jet Boats'), and some 3 letter company acronyms in the spaces. They fit perfectly in every way.

Thanks for shedding light on why 'normal' people shouldn't even waste their time accquiring knowledge when they can get dressed down relying on instruction from others that already know ALL the answers.

RR :)bulb

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Did I miss something??:)coffee
???? :)bulb Maybe so ... I might have too :)bulb

It is both my opinion and fact that that was one funny read. ;)

S CP :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
???? :)bulb Maybe so ... I might have too :)bulb

It is both my opinion and fact that that was one funny read. ;)

S CP :D

Unfortunately that is an OPINION, as it it just your veiwpoint.:|err

Until it is substansiated by 'the associates' it will not be a FACT,
unless, of course, you are 1 of 'the associates'.....:D

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Wow, David...that was pretty harsh. You weren't so "opinionated" when you were on here not so long ago asking for all that free advice.
Takes all kinds, I guess.
Welcome to the ranks of "not so perfect".

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I am confused...someone pm me as to what happened...
Should I quit posting my opinions...
Personally I wipe my ass with angel soft...it feels so good! :D:D
Wags
(actually in an emergency I have used leaves, grass and a sock or two....but that is not the norm):D

·
Village Idiot
3,434 Posts
Wags
(actually in an emergency I have used leaves, grass and a sock or two....but that is not the norm):D
PM sent.:D

Paul

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
Wags

X2???????? :)sphss

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Funny.

"As The Impeller Turns, So The Drama Continues On The Days Of Our Jetboats". :)

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
i have to agree to certain extent with the read ;) but all in all i just take the bs throw it aside and try to find the right answers in all the threads.

maybe someday well all wake up and realize we are adults,travis :)hand

1 - 20 of 45 Posts