Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into buying a biesemeyer, but before i start looking and find one i like i would really like to know what is the fastest/lightest biesemeyer hull there is? k-boat/b-boat/ss boat/ long deck/ race deck etc. if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
175 Posts
There's no such thing as a Biesemeyer hull that's the "fastest", and just because it's a Biesemeyer doesn't mean it'll perform/behave like everyone elses. They are all different in their own way. There are different layups from a heavy K-boat style to a really light layup like is done for a boat meant to run in Super Stock.
You need to let us all know what you plan on doing with it. Are you going to circle race it or is it going to be a fun lake boat? If you plan on racing, what class?
The Biesemeyer hull is very respected and known for obvious reasons, that's why there are so many mfg's out there that copied the design and I bet that's why you think you want a Biesemeyer. Don't get me wrong I love mine, but there are other hulls out there that do some things better than the almight Biesemeyer.
What are your plans????
-Shawn

·
Old Timer
1,139 Posts
im looking into buying a biesemeyer, but before i start looking and find one i like i would really like to know what is the fastest/lightest biesemeyer hull there is? k-boat/b-boat/ss boat/ long deck/ race deck etc. if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated
This one.

DCP_1512b.jpg

One 3 built I think.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
There's no such thing as a Biesemeyer hull that's the "fastest", and just because it's a Biesemeyer doesn't mean it'll perform/behave like everyone elses. They are all different in their own way. There are different layups from a heavy K-boat style to a really light layup like is done for a boat meant to run in Super Stock.
You need to let us all know what you plan on doing with it. Are you going to circle race it or is it going to be a fun lake boat? If you plan on racing, what class?
The Biesemeyer hull is very respected and known for obvious reasons, that's why there are so many mfg's out there that copied the design and I bet that's why you think you want a Biesemeyer. Don't get me wrong I love mine, but there are other hulls out there that do some things better than the almight Biesemeyer.
What are your plans????
-Shawn
Good Advice. Every hull has it's pros and cons, and differences within the same make. Power and set-up will make another huge difference. Skill and knowlege of the driver figures into the percentage heavily , as well, if "fastest" is the defining criteria.

·
Old Timer
1,139 Posts
That one is the most dangerous. That's why only 3 were built. Four strakes trapped a little too much air.
He asked for the "fastest/lightest biesemeyer", not the safest.

·
Just Me
4,068 Posts
The fastest B boat is like the fastest anything, it's the one that belongs to the other guy. We can only hope that at any given race we'll be the other guy to everyone else.

·
The member
3,244 Posts
The fastest B boat is like the fastest anything, it's the one that belongs to the other guy. We can only hope that at any given race we'll be the other guy to everyone else.
Snoc, what's your boat number ? Is it a bezer or revenge ?
I didn't realize you were racing already.

·
Just Me
4,068 Posts
Snoc, what's your boat number ? Is it a bezer or revenge ?
I didn't realize you were racing already.
My boat is a Biesmeyer and it's number is K653, but you won't see it on the water any time soon. Made a deal with mamma that I wouldn't spend money on toys until I went back to work after I retired from the military. With the economy the way it is, I've decided to go back to school and get my aviation degree to add to my resume, that is unless a decent job offer comes along.

The SE boat might get finished as that just needs some paint and reassembly. But it's a 60's Guasti and certainly shouldn't ever be considered "the other guy". ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm really looking for a fast lake boat, just something to play with. My dad has a sanger flat bottom with and my uncle has a demarco runner bottom both have mild 509" BBC'S in them. I like the biesemeyer mainly because of the way they look, i like the look of the long deck boat the most though. But the boat is just going to be to have fun with and turn heads.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
i dont exactly know which hull this is, but its the one ive seen that i liked the most
that looks like a long deck only 8" difference I think,A std deck is 8' 9" long in a B or Revenge These guys know better then me.. I had a long deck crashed it back in 97. that was the end of that one. Mike Smith in Canada has one I drove that one a couple of years ago. They handle very good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Beautiful Angelfire

This one.

View attachment 226098

One 3 built I think.
Yes, this is one of three Biesemeyers built by Julian. One of the other boats, was Julian's boat (ESP), and the third Doc. Bossaco. Two were destroyed in accidents (I was there), and apparently Julian told Stevie to give his back because it was too dangerous.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts