Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm putting a 468 BBC together with a 8-71 on it and am curious on what your favorite 2 key dampners are. I've read somewhere they don't recommend fluids and I know some just run a hub.

Care to share some of your experiance??

Thanks for the help........john

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
ATI is the shit.

make sure you use a 6 bolt damper and hub, otherwise the three bolts can shear, assembly will shear off and spin around inside the boat. Hopefully it will happen right when you shut down and damage will be minimal.

Don't ask how I know.:)sphss:D

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
The pro/race does have the six holes for the blower pulley and the three for the v-belt pulley.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ATI is the shit.

make sure you use a 6 bolt damper and hub, otherwise the three bolts can shear, assembly will shear off and spin around inside the boat. Hopefully it will happen right when you shut down and damage will be minimal.

Don't ask how I know.:)sphss:D

:))eek:)) ya gotta hate it when that happens. Thanks for the suggestion 500......john

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have a romac 6" balancer on my 572 with a 14-71 and a crank hub on my 468 with an 8-71, both work great and no problems sofar.

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
:))eek:)) ya gotta hate it when that happens. Thanks for the suggestion 500......john

I was lucky, you know how you whap the throttle just before you shut 'er off? Zing clunk. WTF was that??? Would have been fuggin ugly at 6700rpm.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts