Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you that have a ungreatfull ,rebellious disrespectful Teen , this is a long "watch" wait till the end "click" the Link ! !

Facebook Parenting: For the troubled teen.

Warning: Since this video seems to have gone crazy, I figure I'll post this notice. I'm going to read a letter my 15 year old daughter wrote. There ARE some curse words in it. None of them are incredibly bad, but they are definitely things a little kid shouldn't hear... not to mention things MY KID shouldn't say!
If you want to see the original Facebook thread, it's located at:
Parents and Kids...... | Facebook
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My daughter thought it would be funny/rebellious/cool to post on her Facebook wall just how upset she was and how unfair her life here is; how we work her too hard with chores, never pay her for chores, and just in general make her life difficult.

She chose to share this with the entire world on Facebook and block her parent's from seeing it. Well, umm... she failed.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I will tell you that I saw a few things wrong in that video! I am and was a parent, my kids are over 21, and as we speak both live in my home and would rather live with me than go out in the real world. One is married and her husband is serving our country in the service and for that I cut some slack!! My son is a working man and pays rent and loves boats as much as I do, and well worth the the slack. Now to back up a bit my son screwed up a while back and I kicked his ass to the curb. Thankfully he fixed his shit and came back to live with his mother and I. As it turned out it was well worth the TOUGH LOVE it took. Kids are not slaves but at a certain age need to figure out that there is no free ride out there and if they are lucky enough to live under a roof and be feed they had better get ready to help out or get the fuc# out. I will tell you to place your'e home issues on face book is way WAY out of place and "fixing " the lap top is a good start. I personally believe that at a certain age a child knows the difference from right and wrong. As a parent it is our job to install that into the brain of the off-spring or we wasted our time bring a child into the world that we can be proud of. Good luck and be strong!!!! Tough love is a bitch, but at times it is what it takes. Just my 02 FWIW Mark

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
i agree..it would just crush me if my kid sayed bad things about me after i go without so my kids can go and do everything...

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
Media seems to enjoying twisting his words in articles.

I like how he's posting on facebook the Q&A's publicly so they can't do that. In addition CBS offered them a show supposedly, what is the world coming too?

·
Blown, OHBA Member
2,811 Posts
Thanks for posting this Tom.

Makes me proud of the welps the Ol man put on my ass when I got outa line, each one earned and each one a hard lesson learned. :spanks:If my dad were alive today I would have to go give him a hug and tell him how much I love him for taking control of an out of control teenager and makin a man out of what he had to work with.

I think when this young lady opens up her heart she to will be back in good standings with her dad, Parents seem to always be there for there kids when they are in need.

Mega Kudos to her dad for taking control of the problem so she gets the lesson earlier in life:clapping:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
A bit extreme

I raised 5 kids and had up and downs with all of them, kids do things on impulse and the facebook thing is really out of control. In my humble opinion, not a good thing to over react to anything. Granted the kid was wrong and I'm sure she has a good home that she doesn't appreciate. The grounding thing for long periods and the getting even thing just doesn't work for anything. The one thing you can do with a kid instead of throwing money at them and setting objectives is just spend a little more time with them and be supportave good or bad to where they are in life and try to work it out one day at a time. If they totally flip out and get into the drug thing, nothing you do will help. It doesn't do any good to give somebody an azz whoopin' that feels no pain and doesn't even care about themselves. Every morning when you get up, you, your daughter and everyone you know has a second chance to change EVERYTHING thats wrong in your life, a new start so to speak. Good Luck, time marches on no matter what.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for posting this Tom.

Makes me proud of the welps the Ol man put on my ass when I got outa line, each one earned and each one a hard lesson learned. :spanks:If my dad were alive today I would have to go give him a hug and tell him how much I love him for taking control of an out of control teenager and makin a man out of what he had to work with.

I think when this young lady opens up her heart she to will be back in good standings with her dad, Parents seem to always be there for there kids when they are in need.

Mega Kudos to her dad for taking control of the problem so she gets the lesson earlier in life:clapping:
Its amazing how things have changed as a "senior" , I can say I watch how kids/young parents (even my own) deal with and sometimes struggle with discipline , I didn't always like my Old man but I did respect him and feared the consequences of not (ass whoopin restriction, privelages denied etc ) I Kept a 2 in wide leather belt in the kitchen and never had to really use it with my two but they knew it was there and all I had to do was hint at it (both mine turned out very well) , Nowdays young parents fear that any tough discipline might get a visit from child protective services . Assuming that Teen on that Dads video actually did all that was siad , in my household she would now assume ALL the duties of the Houseekeeper , go to school and get 3 "hots and cot" till emancipated by her age or her sh*t attitude changed ,nuff said

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Its amazing how things have changed as a "senior" , I can say I watch how kids/young parents (even my own) deal with and sometimes struggle with discipline , I didn't always like my Old man but I did respect him and feared the consequences of not (ass whoopin restriction, privelages denied etc ) I Kept a 2 in wide leather belt in the kitchen and never had to really use it with my two but they knew it was there and all I had to do was hint at it (both mine turned out very well) , Nowdays young parents fear that any tough discipline might get a visit from child protective services . Assuming that Teen on that Dads video actually did all that was siad , in my household she would now assume ALL the duties of the Houseekeeper , go to school and get 3 "hots and cot" till emancipated by her age or her sh*t attitude changed ,nuff said
Another thing today is a lot of kids have 2 sets of parents. When I would bring down the hammer on Jeffery (step son), He would just opt out and run to Daddy in Sacramento. (Who was more than happy to spoil him)
He ended up there 3 years ago when daddy said he could live there and home school. Well, fast forward 3 years and what you have is an opiate addicted 20 year old living in his car and hiding from drug dealers who want him dead.

When he finally hit bottom (it seems) I took him back in and shut down ALL contact with the outside world for him.
NO computer, NO cell phone, NO car, NO NOTHING until further notice.

He can leave at any time, his choice.
ANY contact with ANYONE outside of our house is a free bus ticket back to the streets in Sac.

He made 33 days clean and Deb gave him his cell phone back....big mistake. 3 days of talking to his Dad and he bowed up and left last month.
Within a week his Dad found Oxy's on him and, once again, kicked him out.
He called begging and I said I'll think about it.
2 weeks on the street again, living under overpasses and I let him come back. Told him 6 months minimum, no contact, no complaining, no job hunting, no nothing.
He readily agreed and has been back and clean almost 2 weeks again.
It's hard when you get over ruled and your' efforts get undermined.
I think that his "family" finally gets it that I CAN fix him, none of them has been there, I have.
He can't BS me, He can't work my emotions, and I have NO problem tossing him on a seconds notice.

We'll see what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts