Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain how to get the fuel from the saddle tanks to a bullet/surge tank with out over filling it? And if you do over fill it, how to get it back to the saddle tanks evenly?
I plan on running electric pumps to fill the bullet/surge. Mechanical to the run the engine EFI. EFI Returns to the saddle's.

Thanks, be safe. schick

·
Registered
518 Posts
I ran return lines back to the saddle tanks, I had one -10 in and two -10's out on this boat never had a issue with it
IMG_1518.jpg

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
Can anyone explain how to get the fuel from the saddle tanks to a bullet/surge tank with out over filling it? And if you do over fill it, how to get it back to the saddle tanks evenly?
I plan on running electric pumps to fill the bullet/surge. Mechanical to the run the engine EFI. EFI Returns to the saddle's.

Thanks, be safe. schick
Another method is to mount a carburetor float bowl or two to the bullet/surge tank. Use a large needle and seat. Works pretty well as long as you do not feed the engine with more fuel than you are feeding the tank for a long period of time.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another method is to mount a carburetor float bowl or two to the bullet/surge tank. Use a large needle and seat. Works pretty well as long as you do not feed the engine with more fuel than you are feeding the tank for a long period of time.
Yes, I considered that. I'm going to need about 7gpm. I don't think the floats will keep up?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Yes, I considered that. I'm going to need about 7gpm. I don't think the floats will keep up?
I guarantee you that 2 of these bowls with .130 needles will keep up with any engine you'll be feeding and any pump you plan to be hooking to them.
Keep in mind that even though the pump is rated at 7 gpm, you do have a bypass going back to the surge tank. Thats no indication that your engine NEEDS 7 gpm. Far from it!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
On this Lake boat we built special saddle tanks with -8 returns, -8 feeds and bung fills in them , fed the bullet from the block mounted mechanical Holley, then ran fuel continuously gravity draining back from the middle/center of the bullet to the saddle tanks , fed the Enderle pump with gravity from the bottom of the bullet (-10) and siphoned off fuel from the bullet also to a electric tickler (for starts) will find more pics if your interested Tom

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input GN. Your right the engine won't need 7gpm:)hand.
Thanks again, be safe. schick

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On this Lake boat we built special saddle tanks with -8 returns, -8 feeds and bung fills in them , fed the bullet from the block mounted mechanical Holley, then ran fuel continuously gravity draining back from the middle/center of the bullet to the saddle tanks , fed the Enderle pump with gravity from the bottom of the bullet (-10) and siphoned off fuel from the bullet also to a electric tickler (for starts) will find more pics if your interested Tom

Thanks Tom, I'm thinking of feeding the bullet with electric pumps straight to it (no regulators) Then gravity back to the saddles. My concern is over filling one of the saddles.
Did you find the Dominator reverse bucket? I have one.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Thanks Tom, I'm thinking of feeding the bullet with electric pumps straight to it (no regulators) Then gravity back to the saddles. My concern is over filling one of the saddles.
Did you find the Dominator reverse bucket? I have one.

overfill really shouldn't happen (tecnically) with the "calculated" system assuming the tanks drain and re-fill equally , we didn't use an electric feed as we ran a Mag and no charging system

1 - 10 of 10 Posts