Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was running out of fuel on my 460. the set up i was going to try was to hook up 2 holley red fuel pumps to my tanks( 1 on each tank) and feed both them into my fuel filter having one line out that will go into my carb. do you guys think this set up will work? my motor is putting out about 550hp. thanks for your input.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Best to stay mechanical when you can. HP Holley or Edelbrock mechanical pumps, will supply more than enough. Pull your pick-up's out of your tanks, make sure they are not plugged rusted or both.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Best to stay mechanical when you can. HP Holley or Edelbrock mechanical pumps, will supply more than enough. Pull your pick-up's out of your tanks, make sure they are not plugged rusted or both.

Yes Agreed, i replaced my mech Edelbrock with a Holley red pump......

For about five minutes, put the Edelbrock back on cause i lost pressure with the red pump BIG TIME I got 4psi:|err It would barely idle.

Stay mech:)devil

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i already had 2 red pumps so i hooked them up and the boat runs great. the only problem i question i have is do you guys think 7 psi is to much? should i throw a reg. on it? also how would i hook up a fuel return line off the the carb? i cant figure out where it is on the edlebrock. thanks

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
well i already had 2 red pumps so i hooked them up and the boat runs great. the only problem i question i have is do you guys think 7 psi is to much? should i throw a reg. on it? also how would i hook up a fuel return line off the the carb? i cant figure out where it is on the edlebrock. thanks
there's no fuel return on the carb, just don't worry bout that. holley red pumps aren't meant to be used WITHOUT regulator. if it doesn't keep up with the motor, stack the 2 pumps in series and i'd bet you'd have plenty of fuel.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
i was running out of fuel on my 460. the set up i was going to try was to hook up 2 holley red fuel pumps to my tanks( 1 on each tank) and feed both them into my fuel filter having one line out that will go into my carb. do you guys think this set up will work? my motor is putting out about 550hp. thanks for your input.
Stay mechaincal and have FAR less troubles.

3/8" fuel lines, no leaks, fuel filter AFTER the pump, may have to remove the anti-siphon ball from the outlet of the tanks, plumb each tank to a selector valve to the inlet to the pump, and no 90* corner elbow fittings if you can possibly avoid it (especially those AN's everyone thinks look so nice).

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
My mechanical puts out 9psi when above 5-grand, 7 is no sweat.

Never saw a fuel return off a carb, mechanical's don't require one, and electricals are cooled by the excess fuel they pass thru themselves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts