Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope shes booted and Boxer is next up !

------------------------

On the day the new Congress convened this year, Sen. Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation to route $25 billion in taxpayer money to a government agency that had just awarded her husband's real estate firm a lucrative contract to sell foreclosed properties at compensation rates higher than the industry norms.

MORE: http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/21/senate-husbands-firm-cashes-in-on-crisis/

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
...not surprised.

Saw that this morning on yahoo news

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
...and since there is a "D" after her name, this will likely not gain much traction.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Big shock:mad: When are we ever going to get rid of Boxer and Feinstein, it seems like we can't catch a break:)sphss

·
Registered
686 Posts
Lets not forget "The Great gold Heist" perpetuated by Feinstien and her husband. This is in the same context.

When I was a flooring contractor in San Diego I provided flooring for a very knowledgable man whom was in charge of the defaulted homes provided durring the Lincoln savings and loan scandal. He was head of the department for one of the banks left in charge to disperse these foreclosed properties to the public. His view was that the red tape put in place by the feds was a deterrent to actually selling the homes at a fair market price to joe public. So few were able to actually get financing (sound familiar) that within months of the projects initiation it was cancelled. The remaining properties were sold in huge bundles for pennies on the dollar to Large corparate entities. I will never forget the hour or so this man described how it went down.

This scenario will play itself out again. The wheels are in motion. I also have NO DOUBT this will be played out again in another 20 years or so.

Thanks for posting the article Rick. Although a long read, it shows how the system has been overrun with greed and ignorance. Whom the ignorant are is yet to be decided.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
People! Honestly, this country voted for CHANGE!

They went from somewhat ethical to CRIMINAL!!!

Obama has lied so much he can't remember what story he is telling! :D

Lobbyist or no lobbyist? To take private campaign funds or not to? Prosecute the CIA interrogators or not? To add the additional funds outside the budget, as he critisized W for, or lie that it was all included just a few weeks past, and let's not forget to include how wrong it was for W to listen in on phone conversations and tap e mails and now he has invoked the same right. All this while apologizeing (sp?) for the past. What a tool!!!! :|err

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
Mark my words, she'll be the next governor of California.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
An other Dem just got busted and picked up on a NSA Wiretap talking to isreali intellegence about lobbying efforts.... read this one :
-----------------------------
Wiretap Recorded Rep. Harman Promising to Intervene for AIPAC
By Jeff Stein

Rep. Jane Harman , the California Democrat with a longtime involvement in intelligence issues, was overheard on an NSA wiretap telling a suspected Israeli agent that she would lobby the Justice Department reduce espionage-related charges against two officials of the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee, the most powerful pro-Israel organization in Washington.

Harman was recorded saying she would "waddle into" the AIPAC case "if you think it'll make a difference," according to two former senior national security officials familiar with the NSA transcript.

(See related transcript of Jeff Stein online Q&A about his column.)

In exchange for Harman's help, the sources said, the suspected Israeli agent pledged to help lobby Nancy Pelosi , D-Calif., then-House minority leader, to appoint Harman chair of the Intelligence Committee after the 2006 elections, which the Democrats were heavily favored to win.

Seemingly wary of what she had just agreed to, according to an official who read the NSA transcript, Harman hung up after saying, "This conversation doesn't exist."

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
All of these government fockers need to be given a pink slip and we need to start over - repub's and dem's. A clean slate with folks who really do not want to be in office but for the fact they want to do some good and get back to their lives.

This hole stimulus bill was just to get the public off of their (politicians) backs so that they could say they did something and go about business as usual. Oh, and get some "pet" projects done as well.

The greed that we see and don't see is rampant and for everyone that is caught there are ten more walking out of the same room buttoning up their jackets and straightening their ties feeling lucky they did not get caught.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
An other Dem just got busted and picked up on a NSA Wiretap talking to isreali intellegence about lobbying efforts.... read this one :
-----------------------------
Wiretap Recorded Rep. Harman Promising to Intervene for AIPAC
By Jeff Stein

Rep. Jane Harman , the California Democrat with a longtime involvement in intelligence issues, was overheard on an NSA wiretap telling a suspected Israeli agent that she would lobby the Justice Department reduce espionage-related charges against two officials of the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee, the most powerful pro-Israel organization in Washington.

Harman was recorded saying she would "waddle into" the AIPAC case "if you think it'll make a difference," according to two former senior national security officials familiar with the NSA transcript.

(See related transcript of Jeff Stein online Q&A about his column.)

In exchange for Harman's help, the sources said, the suspected Israeli agent pledged to help lobby Nancy Pelosi , D-Calif., then-House minority leader, to appoint Harman chair of the Intelligence Committee after the 2006 elections, which the Democrats were heavily favored to win.

Seemingly wary of what she had just agreed to, according to an official who read the NSA transcript, Harman hung up after saying, "This conversation doesn't exist."
I was so looking forward to busting a friend of mines balls on this one...until...

According to the former officials, an FBI investigation into the matter was blocked by the Bush administration because Mrs Harman, a hawkish Democrat, could be trusted to support the then president on the controversial issue of warrantless wiretapping by the NSA.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I heard that idiot Galvin( mayor of SF) is running for gov. too. Heaven help us:)bulb
Or Antonio Villagrossa is just as bad. We are just fawked!!! The Republicans need to pull their heads out of their asses and find a good charismatic candidate. Arnold sold us out to the Unions and fawked the state worse than Gumby did and handed the Democrats the win all they have to do is say look at our state under a Republican Governor even though he's really a Democrat just registered as a Republican.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Gonna be Loretta Sanchez (D) for Govenor. She makes Feinstein look reasonable. Met her at John Wayne Airport once. I'm pretty sure she doesn't allow the common folk to look her in the eye.

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
California political races are 100% name recognition. Arnold proved that. I'm putting my money on Frankenstein. Villagirosa will give her a run for her money though. Good thing she has a lot of it.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
I read these things and listen to y'all talk aobut CA politics and it scares the hell out of me. TX is a great state and like everywhere else we have out problems. But somehow for the most part we have been able to escape the pitfalls that Liberal politicians and corrupt egomaniacs with "good intentions" have done to CA.

Through my years I have lived in FL, MI, and GA in addition to TX and must say 3 of the 4, MI is a terrible mess, had stable governments favoring the people and their rights.

Recently TX Gov Rick Perry made a statement of TX seceding from the Union as a right supposedly written into the State Constitution at time of joing the Union. Though the statement was taken as a bad thing by folks on the Left, such as Geraldo who openly condemned Perry for the statement, Perry said it as a means to draw attention to "State's Rights" being infringed upon by the Federal Government. And that in essense is the biggest problem we face in trying stop Federal intrusions in our daily lives.

Feinstein strikes me not so much as a representative of CA but more as a reperesentative of DC and is doing her level best to control CA for the benefit of the Federal Government. Somehow you Californians need to take back your state from the imposters that have gained office. Right now it seems a breeding ground for liberal decay infesting government. I wish I had a suggestion on how to accomplish it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts