Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
the length for these were very touchy to figure out so i cut one pushrod & put fuel line over it so i could adjust it to the right length for both the intake & exaust.
You using the little setup guage that comes with the T&D's ?

·
Some guy
3,616 Posts
Yep,, based on your other thread, make sure you have the stands set up correctly before you try to figure pushrod length. Depending on valve length, you may need the heads or rocker stands machined (like the set of Brodix that I am currently setting up with T&D rockers)

PS,, clever thinking with the fuel line, since the actual geometry is determined by the rocker stands.

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did at the race shop on the counter & they said not to use it & set it up not shiming it!it looked better on the valve that way. i will take it back in to double check now that it is all together .

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yep,, based on your other thread, make sure you have the stands set up correctly before you try to figure pushrod length. Depending on valve length, you may need the heads or rocker stands machined (like the set of Brodix that I am currently setting up with T&D rockers)

PS,, clever thinking with the fuel line, since the actual geometry is determined by the rocker stands.
i think i screwed up !? i might shim the rockers up gonna take it back to the race shop first.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
i think i screwed up !? i might shim the rockers up gonna take it back to the race shop first.
Paulie, what shop are you using? Take them to Dee Reily's and get them done right! Hope you have some inconel or super alloys for the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
who is Dee Reily & where is he located. ,yes i am running the feria valves
He is in Yuba City, probably the best engine guy in Nor. Cal. Call LSR for info, Andy could tell you but he is in Oregon and doesn't know how to use his new phone!

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
He is in Yuba City, probably the best engine guy in Nor. Cal. Call LSR for info, Andy could tell you but he is in Oregon and doesn't know how to use his new phone!
Shop is called 'Built by Dee'

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think i might have some cool tent stakes to bring to the lake if any one needs 16 of them:)stthey look just like .210 pushrods!

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
thanks, is he a head guy or a motor guy ?
One stop shop, he's and old fart like me, ex boat racer, over the top fabricator. His son Cory runs the day to day operation. In house engine dyno etc. Do you have the correct length valves in those heads?

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One stop shop, he's and old fart like me, ex boat racer, over the top fabricator. His son Cory runs the day to day operation. In house engine dyno etc. Do you have the correct length valves in those heads?
yes i have had them set up from the shop & i have had them since 2005 in my motor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts