Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, went out in the mad house on Friday and picked one up along with a few BluRay DVD's. Just got through watchin' Rambo First Blood. I haven't seen that movie in years and I was in awe at how good they got a 26 year old movie to look. Anyone got any suggestions on movies, new or old that have good cimematography or are just damn good movies? :)

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
I've been selective about buying BR discs. Probably own about 15 or so.
The planet earth BR's are cool. I find myself buying movies that have lots of action or special effects. Could care less about chick flicks on BR...unless they are nekked chicks. Plus you can rent BR now so you don't need to buy every movie.
I had to load more firmware from sony since its a older model and new BR discs have more content and interactive stuff now.
Right now I'm waiting for sony to make a affoardable BR recorder cause then it will be time to get that new sony HD camcorder.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
From what I understand some of the Pixar movies are really cool like Cars and Finding Nemo, stuff like that! I have a blu-ray player but a crap tv, so it doesn't really work.

·
#245 ITT
233 Posts
Any on the newer flicks will look superb on Blu - Indian Jones looks spectacular, but a lot of older films look stunning. Iron Man & Transformers are both demo-quality movies. I picked up Road Warrior a couple of months ago & was blown away by how it looked. I've gotten so used to how movies look on Blu that when I put in a standard DVD, I start to think there's something wrong with my TV.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am real selective on the Bluray movies also, at $25 plus bucks a pop :))eek:)). I didn't know they are renting them now I'll have to go see if my video membership is still any good. I'll have to get "Cars", my nephew loves that one and I bet he'll love it even more on Bluray. Good call on "Road Warrior" that's an oldie I haven't seen in a long time. I just got through watching "Bullitt" the chase scene is awesome, the digital surround sound makes a huge difference. :)devil

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I have a bunch of Blu-Ray movies. Here are some of our fav's
- Cars
- Open Season
- Ghost Rider
- Iron Man (the best so far)
- The Blue Planet, the Coral Sea. (WOW)

Blu Ray also makes regular DVD look better on a HD TV..

Enjoy..

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Iron Man was really good. Indy was good for PQ but the movie was terrible IMO.

On my HD-DVD player, Phantom of the Opera was pretty nice looking too, not sure about it on BR. (if available)

I personally couldn't stand 300 with the added grain. I know it was intended but it drove me crazy.

·
Next to this Hottie.
2,234 Posts
Blu Ray also makes regular DVD look better on a HD TV..

Enjoy..

Not always, less is put in to BD players SD DVD capabilities than just plain DVD players. Till this day, not Panny, Sony, Denon and other manufactureres have been able to make a BD player that plays SD DVDs better than there mid to best SD DVD players. They are improving though.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts