Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All be it just my loaded down Chaparral but, I have to say I was impressed. Tons of power, torque, and the tranny shifted way nicer. Hate to say it but it's a step up from my old 1/2 ton, 6.0 crew cab.

Here's the regular 7am send off party looking for hand outs. :D

Attachments

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
All be it just my loaded down Chaparral but, I have to say I was impressed. Tons of power, torque, and the tranny shifted way nicer. Hate to say it but it's a step up from my old 1/2 ton, 6.0 crew cab.

1st W.T.F. are they? 2nd towed a 22.5 Essex to Lake Mead this weekend behind my 08 crew 2wd LTZ and it sucked going up Halloran. Ya I know it's only a 327 but man it sucked!!

Glad your happy!!

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I could see the comparison to another 1/2 ton, but a diesel crew cab? I've never been in any gas powered vehicle that could compare to any diesel I've ever owned. Toyota has definitely stepped up there game in the truck department.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, Javalina.

The saying goes......Slow cook them with an old leather boot. After 12 hours you toss out the Javalina and eat the boot. ;).

Toothy guys. :)grn

Attachments

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Question !

COULD YOU GIVE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR 08? I JUST GOT AN 09 AND HAVE NOT TOWED WITH IT YET. I have the 6.0 with a 3:73 gear and a six speed trans. What equipment did you have and how did the run when you were not towing ? By the way nice yard art !

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
The saying goes......Slow cook them with an old leather boot. After 12 hours you toss out the Javalina and eat the boot. ;).
No joke there!!! Someone gave us a pig to throw in the bbq pit with the all the beef for the big benefit BBQ we did back in February... the guys seasoned the shit out of it, stuffed it with oranges, jalepenos, onions, green chiles, anything to try and kill the game taste... wrapped it up and threw it on the bottom of the cage and packed all the beef in around it... Pulled it out Sunday when we shredded enough beef to get down to it, and one little piece was all it took... I even grabbed a piece that was nestled up next to a jalepeno and it was still bad... :)sphss

Couldn't find the boot or I would have torn off a piece of that instead!!! :D

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
COULD YOU GIVE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR 08? I JUST GOT AN 09 AND HAVE NOT TOWED WITH IT YET. I have the 6.0 with a 3:73 gear and a six speed trans. What equipment did you have and how did the run when you were not towing ? !

It was an 06 Vortec Max 350 HP, HD Trans and 4:10's. It was a great truck and towed well and I suspect the new 09 is even better. I just saw a noticeable improvement in several areas from my Chevy to the Tundra. They get about the same MPG, 11 towing and 16 town driving.

I tried to buy an 2009 6.0 Chevy but was surprised at lack of aggressive pricing and then there’s the whole GM/dealer thing going on so for now I jumped ship. Besides I lost the front diff at 10K miles and the steering box ($1K worth) at 40K and Chevy wouldn't do any good will, not even comp the part. So after 6 Chevy 1/2 tons I went Tundra shopping. ;)

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
hey make sure you don't have a tail light out or something, it looks like you got a lot of pigs following you!

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
It was an 06 Vortec Max 350 HP, HD Trans and 4:10's. It was a great truck and towed well and I suspect the new 09 is even better. I just saw a noticeable improvement in several areas from my Chevy to the Tundra. They get about the same MPG, 11 towing and 16 town driving.

I tried to buy an 2009 6.0 Chevy but was surprised at lack of aggressive pricing and then there’s the whole GM/dealer thing going on so for now I jumped ship. Besides I lost the front diff at 10K miles and the steering box ($1K worth) at 40K and Chevy wouldn't do any good will, not even comp the part. So after 6 Chevy 1/2 tons I went Tundra shopping. ;)
You're getting 16 town? with 4WD?!?!? I have the F150 SC 4X4 5.4, with a programmer and I can't better than 14.5. Granted, I live in a much hillier area, have a heavy foot, and I'll get the same 14.5 towing my 19.5' Hallett jet.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
Diesel

You're getting 16 town? with 4WD?!?!? I have the F150 SC 4X4 5.4, with a programmer and I can't better than 14.5. Granted, I live in a much hillier area, have a heavy foot, and I'll get the same 14.5 towing my 19.5' Hallett jet.

you guys need diesels and go balls out ive got an 06 f250 4x4 on 35 inch tires programmed, intake, exhaust and 110 lbs injectors i get 17 mph towing my boat in any condition and 21 empty and thats with 587 hp at the wheels and 989 ft lbs of torque.:)devil you guys with the tundras 4 wheel or 2 wheel youve got a great truck trd makes a lot of after market crap for that thing to enhance performance and the bling factor watch your tranny seals though. my uncle has and early 08 and has been through 2 trannys on toyos dime. almost lemon law it but toyo finally figured out the problem. so its all good know and i think the 09's should be bullet proof good luck and have fun with those toyos:)devil

·
Still Boatless :-(
552 Posts
COULD YOU GIVE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR 08? I JUST GOT AN 09 AND HAVE NOT TOWED WITH IT YET. I have the 6.0 with a 3:73 gear and a six speed trans. What equipment did you have and how did the run when you were not towing ? By the way nice yard art !
I would want a 4.10 rear end for any kind of towing.......:)bulb

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
you guys need diesels and go balls out ive got an 06 f250 4x4 on 35 inch tires programmed, intake, exhaust and 110 lbs injectors i get 17 mph towing my boat in any condition and 21 empty and thats with 587 hp at the wheels and 989 ft lbs of torque.:)devil you guys with the tundras 4 wheel or 2 wheel youve got a great truck trd makes a lot of after market crap for that thing to enhance performance and the bling factor watch your tranny seals though. my uncle has and early 08 and has been through 2 trannys on toyos dime. almost lemon law it but toyo finally figured out the problem. so its all good know and i think the 09's should be bullet proof good luck and have fun with those toyos:)devil

Nice! I'm at 2 options for my next purchase. F350TD, or Tundra. I'm not one for the 95% unladen ride of the 350, but that power might be worth it. I like the 6 speed tranny of the Toyota. Diesel prices are iffy given it's past.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I got same yr, and truck set up same as you and get same performance. I love my truck.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts