Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help finding a lender familiar with financing a rv garage in Lake havasu. Anyone have recondmendations.
Thanks Brian

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't know of a lender that will finance a gargage but there are a couple of options I know of. You can either do a construction loan or use the equity in your home to finance the contruction. I would need a few more details to point you in the right direction. You can PM me if you want.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Its one of the garages near windsors, I believe they are called rv/boat condos or storage. But apparently you purchase them as property.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I was looking at them a few months back and Mohave State Bank finances them I think you have to put like 20% down the only reason i didnt buy it I really couldnt find any info on resale, and value appreciations, and depreciations.

·
New here
4,219 Posts
I'm doing half cash, and half equity from my primary mortgage, which I just put on 15 years @5.85%.

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Some Pics

Still under construction. Roof is next, probably starting that this week, maybe next week.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beer 30 that is nice, I intend to do something of the sort in the future. for now I can not front it. If the market turns I plan to sell a home I have out of state to help finance a project like that. What is this running you and where are you building this.

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Beer 30 that is nice, I intend to do something of the sort in the future. for now I can not front it. If the market turns I plan to sell a home I have out of state to help finance a project like that. What is this running you and where are you building this.
I am in it $24,000 - as it sits. 43' deep X 60' wide. 16' tall all the way around. 2489 is the sq footage printed on the plans. We're roughing in the wiring right now and the roof should start next week. I'll have $60K in it for sure. The front of my house is all brick, with slate block around the garage doors. So, that will be a good chunk to match that on this project. I am going to make this unit look like it was built with the house. They will match.

The doors will be 2 - 9' tall X 16' wide (standard two-car garage doors) and 1 - 14' X 14' for the RV bay, which is where the boat will be. I made that bay RV style solely for resale at this point. We don't have an RV and don't plan to (but, ya never know). There was not much difference in the price to do the bigger door on that end, so it will all work out nicely.

I am building it on the back 1/2 of my property. I am on a smidge over 1/2 acre, where the house and pool are on 1/4 and the existing shop (700 sq ft) and this one (attached to it) are on the other 1/4.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts