Performance Boats Forum banner

Financing / Mortgages: Do you feel like you own it?

• I feel like I own it.

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • I feel like I'm borrowing it in til I pay enough money.

Votes: 6 46.2%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to see how people generally feel when they have something that they are making payments on. Do you feel like you own it or do you feel like your a borrowing it from someone until you pay them enough money and a interest to own it?

Personally, I feel like I'm a guest in my own house. It's kind of strange, I'm not sure if this is common or what.

Luckily, I own all my vehicles.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I'm curious to see how people generally feel when they have something that they are making payments on. Do you feel like you own it or do you feel like your a borrowing it from someone until you pay them enough money and a interest to own it?

Personally, I feel like I'm a guest in my own house. It's kind of strange, I'm not sure if this is common or what.

Luckily, I own all my vehicles.
Just a place to keep your shit til you get the deed.:D

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
I just found out that I only owe about 60,000 on my house, kinda feel relieved, but I wish the appraisal from 4 or 5 yrs ago was still good:p
I would feel SO much better only oweing 60 on somthing appr. @ 465,000 than @ 255,000 now.....:mad:

·
Dreaming of snow
1,053 Posts
I dont think you can feel as if you own it, unless you are able to sell it and walk away with cash in the pocket. I think the bk laws agree. Equity = Owner, No Equity = Renter.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Yes I own it. If the heater breaks I can't call the landlord, I get to fix it. If the water pipe from the street breaks, I can't call the city to fix it cuz they say it is mine. What if the water faucet is leaking? You guessed it, I get to fix that too. Roof leaking? Gotta fix it.

And just try not mowing your yard and letting the outside fall all apart and you will get a notice from the city saying clean up your stuff.

So Yes, I say I own it.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Eleven more payments and I do own it...so, yes I do :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts