Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
When do you use one?
all the time.

How do you know which color? and...
red is 3.125, turquoise is 3.0625, something else is 3.00. most all of mine are bare aluminum, because i make my own, and there is too much spread between the colored ones.

to fine tune the boat??

-generally-, stock cast nozzles are too large in diameter for the application, and they are not perfectly round. inserts are round. some people use a .125 and never change, others use different sizes as part of tuning.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all the time.

red is 3.125, turquoise is 3.0625, something else is 3.00. most all of mine are bare aluminum, because i make my own, and there is too much spread between the colored ones.

to fine tune the boat??

-generally-, stock cast nozzles are too large in diameter for the application, and they are not perfectly round. inserts are round. some people use a .125 and never change, others use different sizes as part of tuning.
So how would you know if:

1) you need one
2) where to begin?

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
It's one of those deals where you may pick up a mph or 2, or a tenth(or whatever) if you're racing. I doubt it will be a seat of the pants difference. I wag going to mess with some but my nozzle isn't machined for an insert. Some nozzles come insert ready, but my old split bowl isn't one of them. I believe the theory behind it is that the smaller nozzle opening will build more pressure. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
278 Posts
if you send it to place diverter they will machine the nozzle and sell you an insert. tim will help you pick one for your boat. it was only 50 bucks to machine it inserts are 45.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
It's one of those deals where you may pick up a mph or 2, or a tenth(or whatever) if you're racing. I doubt it will be a seat of the pants difference. I wag going to mess with some but my nozzle isn't machined for an insert. Some nozzles come insert ready, but my old split bowl isn't one of them. I believe the theory behind it is that the smaller nozzle opening will build more pressure. Hope this helps...
When i went from a 3.125 to a 3.090 i sure noticed a difference in my holeshot. So, to say you can't feel it by the seat of your pants is an understatment. Im going to play with them again here this weekend and see what the difference is on the mph. I think with the .090 i lost some,but gained in the hole shot. It's one of those things, which would you prefer I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.