Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this boat and couldn't deal with a few things like Black Interior and a paint bare motor.

So I tore it apart, replaced seat bases, rear panel with new plywood and sent the seat off to be done. New carpet, fuel tank to get rid of the 2 6 gallon metal tanks, painted the motor, updated the decals and a bunch of other stuff.

Pin Striped to cover up the masking tape weep.

Re done motor.

12 gallon tank to replace the 6 gallon metal tanks.

Karsten

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Very cool!!! :cool:

I couldn't deal with the black seats either! ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the 1971 125 HP Evenrude gave up....shift Solenoid burned up with the drive in forward and no way to get it to shift. So off to see about a 1984 Merc 115 HP IL6.

The guy claimed the Merc run just fine......Come to find out after dropping the boat and boat off the jerk lied big time.

Fast forward through the Insurance BS and what not.....Agent put HP as 125 Max instead of in the HP Box and should have left Max HP blank.

Shop wont hang anything until he is sure it will be insured. So one day crawling around in the boat with a flashlight he sees he can read the Max HP on the Plate in the boat....Max HP 150.

Back in business after some 6 months in limbo. Insurance agent make a 150 Mile round trip to verify the Max HP the same day I find a 2012 Mercury 150 HP Optimax hanging out the back of a rental boat pretty cheap.

So the 150 hanging of the back, oil tank installed, Hydraulic steer off the donor boat, new cables, new fuel line, new steering wheel, Mercury flush mount controls, tach burned up so new Speedo and Mercury SmartCraft Monitor, CD Player and speakers.

Playing with MI Wheel SS 4 blade props.

I have a 23 P MI Wheel Ballistic setting down in the shop.

H3 Hummer didn't like pulling the boat.

So I picked up a 1997 K1500 Stepside, single cab with a 350 SB

Karsten

1 - 6 of 6 Posts