Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody live near there, I have family members that I just talked to that do and they said they are standing in their back yard watching the flames on the ridges not that far away...they should be ok unless the wind direction heads south then they could be in trouble...I would be packing soon.....just in case......

·
Registered
931 Posts
Anybody live near there, I have family members that I just talked to that do and they said they are standing in their back yard watching the flames on the ridges not that far away...they should be ok unless the wind direction heads south then they could be in trouble...I would be packing soon.....just in case......

If this is the fire out side of soledad, its burned 2k acres, growing. Its moving up hill. I don't know if that helps,

http://www.ksbw.com/index.html
Don't know if this is the one you asked about.

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
From San Dimas, the smoke plume over Mt Wilson (La Canada fire) is HUGE. Tis the season, here we go again. :(

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If this is the fire out side of soledad, its burned 2k acres, growing. Its moving up hill. I don't know if that helps,

http://www.ksbw.com/index.html
Don't know if this is the one you asked about.
Thanks CB, that is the 2nd fire...this one is up the Angeles Crest Hwy just a few miles east of that fire...from what I am told...and this one is moving up hill also...thankfully toward the north....no homes in danger in that direction....

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
Another one now in Palos Verdes / Rolling Hills. Homes on fire. :(

Another near Hemet reported too.

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Update; last night the fire was roughly 10 miles away from my sisters house now as close as 1 mile, they started evacuating a few blocks away from her and she is packing as we speak just in case...this went from bad to worse...

The Station Fire in the National Angeles Forest has prompted the evacuation of 500 homes, Forest Service officials said tonight. Affected residences include those north of Vista del Valle Road and East of La Canada Blvd. (map), said fire spokesperson Rachel Mailo. The evacuation area is also extending into the La Canada Country Club area (map).

The evacuation center is located at Crescenta Valley High School at 2900 Community Avenue in La Crescenta.

The fire began Wednesday afternoon and has now burned around 500 acres with containment at 10 percent. Earlier today, the fire was spreading into the forest, but winds tonight shifted it southward towards the city.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
We live right buy this fire. Just a little north west.(La Crescenta) watched it grow from nothing to something,that could be alot worse if the devil wind kicks up. This part of the foothills hasn't burrned in 30-40 years. Hope they get a better hand on it today. We have moved some toys down to the business just in case.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We live right buy this fire. Just a little north west.(La Crescenta) watched it grow from nothing to something,that could be alot worse if the devil wind kicks up. This part of the foothills hasn't burrned in 30-40 years. Hope they get a better hand on it today. We have moved some toys down to the business just in case.
Hope they get it under control soon...this can get very ugly fast...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts