Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see any of it. What are the cliff notes?

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Cnn

CNN is all that is needed to say. What a bunch of stupid questions. I only saw a little bit of it, had to turn it after I heard just a few questions/answers. I don't know who scripted those questions, but it certainly turned the "debate" into a joke..... It's almost like the leftist CNN was trying to make all the Repub candidates look like morons.... And it worked.... Abortion, "would YOU try to overturn Roe vs Wade?", "Don't ask, don't tell", "would YOU attempt to overturn the law?".... Clearly questions that should be brought forward when it is obama vs the Right, but not to Right vs Right, as there are no good answers to those questions without pissing somebody off.... OH, and gay marriage, again, no clear answer without pissing someone off.... Ask those questions when obama is sitting/standing there and watch him squirm his way around any direct answer without his teleprompter... I heard zero about illegal immigration and how to secure our borders... I guess that would have just pissed off the Latino, ILLEGALLY acorn registered, voters....
Ray

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
CNN is all that is needed to say. What a bunch of stupid questions. I only saw a little bit of it, had to turn it after I heard just a few questions/answers. I don't know who scripted those questions, but it certainly turned the "debate" into a joke..... It's almost like the leftist CNN was trying to make all the Repub candidates look like morons.... And it worked.... Abortion, "would YOU try to overturn Roe vs Wade?", "Don't ask, don't tell", "would YOU attempt to overturn the law?".... Clearly questions that should be brought forward when it is obama vs the Right, but not to Right vs Right, as there are no good answers to those questions without pissing somebody off.... OH, and gay marriage, again, no clear answer without pissing someone off.... Ask those questions when obama is sitting/standing there and watch him squirm his way around any direct answer without his teleprompter... I heard zero about illegal immigration and how to secure our borders... I guess that would have just pissed off the Latino, ILLEGALLY acorn registered, voters....
Ray

Ray, Those and other issues are long running red herring issues that keep the peasents distracted and mad at each other. The wealthy elites running this nation could care less about these issues. They do not want the peasants to focus on the real issues like spending control, out of control immigration, never ending wars, bankrupted economy, no jobs, etc.. They fear what might happen if the peasents wised up.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Ray, Those and other issues are long running red herring issues that keep the peasents distracted and mad at each other. The wealthy elites running this nation could care less about these issues. They do not want the peasants to focus on the real issues like spending control, out of control immigration, never ending wars, bankrupted economy, no jobs, etc.. They fear what might happen if the peasents wised up.
I agree.....;)

I didn't watch as to me these "socalled" debates are ridiculous to a large extent. I heard some reviews this morning and the light hearted questions about Coke Vs Pepsi, Deep Dish Vs Thin Crust were the icing on a fallen cake......Real debates would involve all candidates answering unscripted questions form the general public in a town meeting forum. This country can afford no more smoke and mirrors and allowance of the "inmates" to write the rules of engagement.

If the RNC and DNC were doing the jobs they try and sell themselves as doing to the people, they would call out for a purely neutral forum where usnscripted questions were asked of "all" candidates, incumbants included. And if a candidate didn't repond to those questions, they don't make the ballot.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Ray, Those and other issues are long running red herring issues that keep the peasents distracted and mad at each other. .
x2

I agree.....;)

I didn't watch as to me these "socalled" debates are ridiculous to a large extent.
If the RNC and DNC were doing the jobs they try and sell themselves as doing to the people, they would call out for a purely neutral forum where usnscripted questions were asked of "all" candidates, .
I agree. My questions are "What is your plan to? ......" and "Where are your specific cuts?......"
I have little interest in an answer that avoids the question to iterate a canned response.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Did you guys really think that CNN was going to let these guys show their positions on the real issues???? CNN's only objective was to do anything they could to put them in as bad a light as possible. They have two separate questions for Obama and any republican.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like the word "debate" should be replace with "scripted discussions" for future events. I've felt that way for years for the most part they are a joke.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Hindsight...

In hindsight, (which is always 20-20) I guess I should have watched the entire event. However, with the questions like the Pepsi/Coke, Elvis/Johnny Cash, being a total waste of time I felt the entire event was nothing more than a weak effort from the left to discredit the right. I do have a short list of questions I would like answered from all sides before any future elections...
Here are a couple of examples of questions:

1. What is your stance on illegal immigration and capture/deportation of anyone here illegally?
A. How will you implement that policy? Federal and/or State authorities? Or "all hands to battle stations"
B. How do you plan to SEAL our southern border
C. Do illegals have Constitutional rights afforded to American citizens?
2. How will you neuter the EPA and allow Americans to get back to work without excessive job killing
regulations?
3. What is your strategy to alleviate America's dependance on foreign oil?
4. Will you work towards the United States leaving the United Nations?
Ray

PS feel free to add any questions that you feel are important to the American people to this list, or start your own....

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Your kidding right Ray? These are easy. You need to think like they do. At least the gutless ones! These may not be the answers you were hoping for Ray, but they are no more crazy than the ones you would hear from most of the candidates, from both sides if you asked them on national TV. Remember, this is about getting elected, making friends. Not answering hard hitting questions with straight forward answers on policy.
1. What is your stance on illegal immigration and capture/deportation of anyone here illegally?
Depends on what your definition of "illegal" is?
A. How will you implement that policy? Federal and/or State authorities? Or "all hands to battle stations"
What policy? We have a policy?
B. How do you plan to SEAL our southern border
Well, we could probably blockaid it when a minimal number of troops at say......Panama.
C. Do illegals have Constitutional rights afforded to American citizens?
Again, your definition of "illegal" is?
2. How will you neuter the EPA and allow Americans to get back to work without excessive job killing
regulations?
I have no idea. I have never "nuetered" an agency before, and never seen anyone else do it either. I assume this is a medical procedure you are familar with.
3. What is your strategy to alleviate America's dependance on foreign oil?
Make the oil producing countries possesions of the US. Were currently attempting this very thing with Libya. If it works, we may expand on it. This would have been much easier back when Occidental Petroleum own the country.
4. Will you work towards the United States leaving the United Nations?
The United Nations is in NY. Did you mean to ask how will I remove them. Well, not sure we have a legal leg there so long as their rent is paid up. Besides, are they bad tenants?
Ray

PS feel free to add any questions that you feel are important to the American people to this list, or start your own....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
FactCheck's review of the statemenst

Summary

In the first New Hampshire debate among 2012 presidential hopefuls, we found a number of incorrect, misleading or shaky factual claims:
•Pawlenty was wrong when he boasted that he was "one of the few governors" to respond to a Bush request to send guardsmen to the southern border. In fact, all 50 states participated in that border operation.
•Romney claimed that "we didn't raise taxes in Massachusetts" to pay for his health care law. In fact, his successor imposed a $1-a-pack tax increase on cigarettes to pay for the new law.
•Santorum claimed a Medicare advisory board created by the new federal health care law will result in a rationing of care for seniors. The law specifically says the board “shall not include any recommendation to ration health care.”
•Santorum was wrong when he said the Obama administration is "against any kind of exploration offshore or in Alaska." The administration has approved 296 new permits for new offshore oil wells since taking office, and it is considering granting the first permits in Alaska since 2004.
•Bachmann claimed the Congressional Budget Office "has said that Obamacare will kill 800,000 jobs." That's a distortion. CBO said some Americans would work less or leave their jobs if they can get health insurance outside the workplace.
•Pawlenty said that "[if] Brazil can have 5 percent growth, then the United States of America can have 5 percent growth," showing his economic plan is not unreasonable. But the fact is, World Bank figures show Brazil has failed to achieve 5 percent growth for 23 of the past 30 years.
•Gingrich again tried to rewrite history by claiming that his words "right-wing social engineering" were "totally taken out of context." In fact, he called Paul Ryan's plan "too big a jump" and "radical" change as well.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I didn't see any of it. What are the cliff notes?
You didn't miss a thing. Way too early for any debate to have any real impact. I think the only reason they have em this early is to get the candidates on record and to get people talking.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Summary

In the first New Hampshire debate among 2012 presidential hopefuls, we found a number of incorrect, misleading or shaky factual claims:
•Pawlenty was wrong when he boasted that he was "one of the few governors" to respond to a Bush request to send guardsmen to the southern border. In fact, all 50 states participated in that border operation.
Never heard that before.
•Romney claimed that "we didn't raise taxes in Massachusetts" to pay for his health care law. In fact, his successor imposed a $1-a-pack tax increase on cigarettes to pay for the new law.
HMMMMM so if his succesor raises tax's on cigarettes then he is wrong for saying they didn't raise tax's when passing the bill. And most equate raising tax's to mean income tax's. Not an item that is a choice wether you buy it or not.
•Santorum claimed a Medicare advisory board created by the new federal health care law will result in a rationing of care for seniors. The law specifically says the board “shall not include any recommendation to ration health care.”
And yet you still believe they won't ration MC
•Santorum was wrong when he said the Obama administration is "against any kind of exploration offshore or in Alaska." The administration has approved 296 new permits for new offshore oil wells since taking office, and it is considering granting the first permits in Alaska since 2004.
HMMMMM seems to this point he is right on Alaska and issuing permits that are near imposible to meet the standards sounds like smoke and mirrors to me or every well would be up and running in the gulf by now.

•Bachmann claimed the Congressional Budget Office "has said that Obamacare will kill 800,000 jobs." That's a distortion. CBO said some Americans would work less or leave their jobs if they can get health insurance outside the workplace.
•Pawlenty said that "[if] Brazil can have 5 percent growth, then the United States of America can have 5 percent growth," showing his economic plan is not unreasonable. But the fact is, World Bank figures show Brazil has failed to achieve 5 percent growth for 23 of the past 30 years.
•Gingrich again tried to rewrite history by claiming that his words "right-wing social engineering" were "totally taken out of context." In fact, he called Paul Ryan's plan "too big a jump" and "radical" change as well.
So saying that is Right wing social engeneering.

Seems Fact Check is going the way of snopes.:)sphss

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Summary

News to me too.

Poor guy can't catch a break, even from people who love tax increases. :D

bwa ha ha ha

I find this stmt to be slighty sloppy but fairly accurate.

Well the CBO has no idea, cuz the CBO has been fed 100% BS. Bachman should have quoted SBjet who states that Obamacare has ALREADY killed at least 800k jobs, and will kill millions more.

I'm unhappy when the US has lower growth than Brazil, or S. Korea, or China. I demand an explanation from our govt.
I hope the candidates get meaner next time, I'd like one of them to say that Obama is ridiculous to run with his record.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Raising taxes on Cigs to pay for a medical program. How dasturdly. That rat bastard! he should have been tar, feathered and shot by a firing squad. Just because it is proven fact that it is the number one avoidable killer in the US, and that a smoker is much more likely to end up in the hospital recieving a heart transplant, or bypass, or cancer treatment is no reason at all to use them as a means to raise money for a HEALTH bill. The last thing you should be able to do is make the smoker help pay alittle extra. Are you brain dead?
Come on Rodnjen, you really need to do better than that. Please, just once, show me what you really got.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Raising taxes on Cigs to pay for a medical program. How dasturdly. That rat bastard! he should have been tar, feathered and shot by a firing squad. Just because it is proven fact that it is the number one avoidable killer in the US, and that a smoker is much more likely to end up in the hospital recieving a heart transplant, or bypass, or cancer treatment is no reason at all to use them as a means to raise money for a HEALTH bill. The last thing you should be able to do is make the smoker help pay alittle extra. Are you brain dead?
Come on Rodnjen, you really need to do better than that. Please, just once, show me what you really got.

Careful! You are going down a slippery slope with that line of reasoning......... :shhh: alcohol, yes that inlcudes your beloved beer, is as bad or worse than cigs. You want to see a $2.00 health care tax on every six pack???

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
WOW Zombie. That would cost me a womping 4 dollars a year. I should shut up while I am ahead:)sphss But I not to worried about it. Too many Joe 6 packs ready to march on the capitol, state or federal if that happened. Ever notice when they hit alcohol with a tax, its always aimed at the hard stuff and hardly ever the beer. Even malt liquor gets smacked more than beer. They are scared to death of beer drinkers. Way too many construction boots and tee shirts, and not all that many jackets and ties.

Good thing the President depends on something alittle stronger to keep him in that stooper he is in 24/7, or that could add up to some serious tax.

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Careful! You are going down a slippery slope with that line of reasoning......... :shhh: alcohol, yes that inlcudes your beloved beer, is as bad or worse than cigs. You want to see a $2.00 health care tax on every six pack???
WOW Zombie. That would cost me a womping 4 dollars a year.
Just as I suspected, got nuthin' 7 prefers to drink apple martinis and the like to beer.:D:)hand

1 - 19 of 19 Posts