Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O.K. so I figured the pics out. They are posted.

I would really like to post the pics I have and add somemore but can;t figure out how to get them from my computer to this thread!

Any help would be nice thanks!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First Restoration

I sprayed the base coat today so I will have those pics tomarrow!
The block and heads should be back from the machine shop this week also!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi,
My trailer looks very similar to yours (Cobra). What tire size do you have on yours?
I am fixing mine this week and need the new tires. The old original never made it to me and the current ones are definitely too small.

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
That trailer is HUGE for that boat but it should work OK for you. Hopefully those rusty steel pieces aren't hiding rotten stringers. How much HP is your engine going to have?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That trailer is HUGE for that boat but it should work OK for you. Hopefully those rusty steel pieces aren't hiding rotten stringers. How much HP is your engine going to have?

The transom and strigers were redone right before I got the boat. Never saw the water!! Those will be coming off and r going to get powder coated.

The estimates from the engine shop is 500 hp based on the parts I am using. They are just doing the machine work I am building the motor along with everything else.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,
My trailer looks very similar to yours (Cobra). What tire size do you have on yours?
I am fixing mine this week and need the new tires. The old original never made it to me and the current ones are definitely too small.
I will check the tire size tomarrow and get back to you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New Pictures

The clear was still drying. I sprayed the clear this morning when it was only 65 and not 90!

Its not perfect I am going to wet sand it and then lay one more coat of clear over it but it will work for my first restore.

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Looks great!

The transom and strigers were redone right before I got the boat. Never saw the water!! Those will be coming off and r going to get powder coated.

The estimates from the engine shop is 500 hp based on the parts I am using. They are just doing the machine work I am building the motor along with everything else.
Sounds good. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts