Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I have to go to catch a fish in SD Bay or it's outskirts? How far out, what bait, etc... any help is appreciated.

I've been out twice lately and we haven't caught anything. Both times I went with real fishermen. :D

· CODE8
101 Posts
Hey HotRod, Lake Poway just opened there summer nights. I believe friday and saturday nights the lake closes at around 11:30pm. Had a good crowd last night (friday). Should be a good fishing spot for the summer if your interested.

· Banned
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've learned how to catch fish in and around San Diego. Today my son went out with me and he learned as well. :)devil Is learned a word? It doesn't sound right. Anyway... here's a couple of pics. :) Check out the last one, LMAO. :D

Does anyone know what kind of fish we're catching?

Check out the tackle box.

Attachments

· Spiral out
1,388 Posts
1. Calico bass (one pictured too short....must be 12" min)
2/3. Whitefish (good eating)
4. Brown Cod or Sugar Bass(too small)

Let the larger calico bass go (5#+)....that fish you have there is at least 5 years old.....they grow slow.

Your best bet to avoid a costly ticket for keeping short fish would be to get a fishing regulations book.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/sportfishing_regs2009.asp

Have fun out there.:D

· Banned
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link Mike F.. Although I like to eat fish I haven't kept any of them partly because I didn't know the regs.. I was told that near the bait barge would be the ticket but I've been there 3 times so far and haven't caught nothing there. I have been going to the kelp patties and get about a 100 yards from other fishing boats and have had pretty good luck so far(not caring what I catch). In front of La Jolla and in front of Point Loma have been the best places so far. It's been less than a month and I've caught 16 fish. :D .

Anybody have a link to how to cook them? :)

· HELL OF A GUY
3,056 Posts
Thanks for the link Mike F.. Although I like to eat fish I haven't kept any of them partly because I didn't know the regs.. I was told that near the bait barge would be the ticket but I've been there 3 times so far and haven't caught nothing there. I have been going to the kelp patties and get about a 100 yards from other fishing boats and have had pretty good luck so far(not caring what I catch). In front of La Jolla and in front of Point Loma have been the best places so far. It's been less than a month and I've caught 16 fish. :D .

Anybody have a link to how to cook them? :)
fish the in coming tide;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.