Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Flat bottom Hull,parts and motor Price Reduced!!!

Hull and Trailer have been SOLD.. This price is still frim for the motor

My cousin inherited this Flat bottom sometime back, and the boat has just been sitting under a cover for about a year now on his side yard. He wants it get rid of it, along with all of the other stuff that goes with it. I don’t know much about flat bottom, and I only have a few details about it.

· Motor is a 283 small block Chevy Vin: 378935. This motor was only run once and for a short time by original owner, so it does work.
· This was a project by the original owner, but due to health reasons he was not able to continue it.
· All of the parts you see have never been in water.

So with that said, if you see some you like or need, come down take look at it. $1500 for all of it. Located in Corona CA

The link has all the pics..​

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Nice project for someone, love those old wood ones.
Good luck with sale.

johnny

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Sorry...

Sorry, but I think your price is a bit optimistic....Projects seem to be a dime a dozen right now.......Ray

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, but I think your price is a bit optimistic....Projects seem to be a dime a dozen right now.......Ray

What do you think an honest reasonable price would be for all of it?

For sure I would like at least 1500 for the motor, short blocks are in this price range already and this motor is complete! Of course I am taking into consideration that I don’t know much about what components it was built with. But based on the old timer who built it (who was a gear head) I’m sure its built with quality crank, Rods and pistons or atleast i can assume.

http://www.trustmymechanic.com/automotive/rebuiltmotor/tchevytmmgmc_283lb.

·
Lookout I'm Crankin it Baby
6,576 Posts
If your asking I will speak up. Here is the upside and downside of the hull, It's a wood deck boat. If you found a DIY he could maybe save the thing and make something out of it. But if you were to take that hull to somebody to redo the deck...hold on to your wallet. Factor number two is the parallel v-drive in the boat. Very undesirable. Noisey and unsafe with much horsepower. So I would look for a square top casale to replace that with. Factor number three..motor is unknown. If the boat was together and running your price is probably in line with current market. That's a huge "maybe" I might add. So let's assume the motor was done right..what's the compression ratio?? Is it 12.5 to 1 or is it a nice pump gas deal??. Fourth factor is the hull value. It's not a wood deck Sanger or Rayson..or any other very desirable pieces. It is glass with a wood deck. That is good..

Educated guess on value for package...1500.00. Just my opinion..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rattle Can Lou
The Doctor
42johnny

Thanks for your Educated guess, I was flying blind at first so at least I know were to set my sights now thanks again. At least it still in the price raning I was hoping for..

·
Banned
742 Posts
Do you have paperwork proving it's a Warren Hurricane ? I have been looking for an 'all glass one' but I could be interrested. I don't need any of the parts, but I'm open to any deals IF IT'S A HURRICANE. Thanks STEVO !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts