Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Upstanding Member
12,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a dolly trailer so this thing needs a new home.

It's a 1978 R & I that originally held Tom Buckles yellow Barron sprint. I chose an R & I because I like these trailers and it seems like most B boats came with them.

This is a 4 bunk trailer.

I paid Tom $800 for it then replaced the 8" painted fenders with 10" polished stainless fenders ($600) and added brand new axles ($300) just for perfect fit.

It has new wheels and Tires ($1,100) a swing away tongue ($300) fresh paint, new lights and new wiring ($1,700). <-It cost me $500 to have the old powder coating removed or it would've been $1,200.

The bunks didn't fit the Biesemeyer perfect so I recontoured them.

The fender pads are backed with polished diamond plate ($200).

As you can see I've got $5,000 in this thing.

First $3,000 takes it.

- Jerry
(951) 741-1346

·
Registered
20,029 Posts
tuff crowd......this economy sucks jerry...this should be gone in one day..................;)

·
The Grand Wizard
2,912 Posts
I have seen this in person a few times, I can honestly say, it is better than a new one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hell dont listen to me.............i think my Biesemeyer is worth 25k.......the only thing that was flown is the market............caught some nice plays.......AA....CROX........MMM..........CHK........sold some the last few days pulling in 80-100% gains...........its shocking making money in this kind of economy............wink wink...........i hope you get what your asking for the trailer........and i will be SHOCKED if ed gets the bank to give him 10k on a race boat in this economy.....SHOCKED I SAYS!.....he thinks he can.......and i hope if your still in boating you kept that Biesemeyer hull............just stick it away for a rainy day..........butch

·
Upstanding Member
12,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hell dont listen to me.............i think my Biesemeyer is worth 25k.......the only thing that was flown is the market............caught some nice plays.......AA....CROX........MMM..........CHK........sold some the last few days pulling in 80-100% gains...........its shocking making money in this kind of economy............wink wink...........i hope you get what your asking for the trailer........and i will be SHOCKED if ed gets the bank to give him 10k on a race boat in this economy.....SHOCKED I SAYS!.....he thinks he can.......and i hope if your still in boating you kept that Biesemeyer hull............just stick it away for a rainy day..........butch
I'm not suprised you don't think my trailer will sell. Nice trailers don't seem to be much of a priority east of cali.... :)

example. :D

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
That is one ugly looking set up, red kneck all the hay. think he needs to flip those axels back were they belong.

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
It'll sell. This isn't Sharp Shooter's first rodeo. :D

I bought a dolly trailer so this thing needs a new home.

It's a 1978 R & I that originally held Tom Buckles yellow Barron sprint. I chose an R & I because I like these trailers and it seems like most B boats came with them.

This is a 4 bunk trailer.

I paid Tom $800 for it then replaced the 8" painted fenders with 10" polished stainless fenders ($600) and added brand new axles ($300) just for perfect fit.

It has new wheels and Tires ($1,100) a swing away tongue ($300) fresh paint, new lights and new wiring ($1,700). <-It cost me $500 to have the old powder coating removed or it would've been $1,200.

The bunks didn't fit the Biesemeyer perfect so I recontoured them.

The fender pads are backed with polished diamond plate ($200).

As you can see I've got $5,000 in this thing.

First $3,000 takes it.

- Jerry
(951) 741-1346

·
BIG member
1,406 Posts
for every one bad set up on the east coast you have ten on the west...........lets keep this bump going
Now we KNOW you have adrug addiction !:p

·
Registered
25 Posts
maybe you can get a IOU from the terminator...........last time i help you out and bump this............someone else can pick up the ball...........imagine investing $5,500 in a trailer and then selling it for 3k....if i did business like that i wouldnt be in business for LONG...........that is the type of "bizzaro" economics used in kalifornia............i will be out for a few weeks.........so you guys can talk back and forth to keep this thread active

·
Registered
231 Posts
That hillbilly trailer had me rolling on the floor. :D I wonder if it has hydraulics. :D

You have a damn nice trailer that is well worth what you are asking. :)devil Oh, and not everyone east of California has a hillbilly trailer. My ride is on a Hensley with polished fenders and frenched lights. It is a family boat as well.....just a nice one!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts