Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are the flattys and jets around Salt Lake, all I ever see around are tournament ski boats and lake lice. If there are any left, where are you guys hanging out? I'm tired of racing my brother in law.:D

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Where are the flattys and jets around Salt Lake, all I ever see around are tournament ski boats and lake lice. If there are any left, where are you guys hanging out? I'm tired of racing my brother in law.:D
I was just on Utah Lake about an hour ago!!! I'm right here!!!:)hand

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Utah Lake

I boat Utah Lake most of the time, was there yesterday. Echo usually has some hot boats, but you get bugged by the rangers for noise.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
H2OMOFO & TBI also launch out of A/F. You'll see them there as well. H20 has an Eliminator Daytona & TBI has a couple different boats.
I run out of A/F and Provo depending on who we're boating with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Jet Boater Tooele

I have a 18' Tahiti that I just finished building an engine for. Took it to Echo last weekend and had some minor issues. Was hoping to take it to Utah lake this weekend for another shakedown cruise but it looks like the wheather isnt going to cooperate. Where do you all launch your boats at Utah lake?

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
I have a 18' Tahiti that I just finished building an engine for. Took it to Echo last weekend and had some minor issues. Was hoping to take it to Utah lake this weekend for another shakedown cruise but it looks like the wheather isnt going to cooperate. Where do you all launch your boats at Utah lake?
Sunday's going to be great. Head on out!!! I'll probably launch at Provo marina Sunday.
Post a pic so I'll know who to look for (make sure you include your girlfriend or wife in it:))!!!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Utah Lake Sunday?

I might head out Sunday but usually my Sundays are reserved for relaxing and getting ready for the work week. I dont have any picks yet of the finished project but this is what I started with. It now has a 532 Ford with Blue Thunder B port heads, Scat crank and rods, Diamond pistons, Victor 460 intake, Holley Dominator 1050 CFM carb, and Hooker dragster headers with Borla collector mufflers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
We only go to Provo if we have people going with and need the facilities that the marina offers. Other than that, I like A/F. We have friends that have a place in the Timp Marina so when we hang with them we go out of A/F.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've been going to Echo for 15 yrs. Dry open headers. Never had a problem in the evenings, mornings, and weekdays. This Fish Cop usually only comes Sat and Sun and only stays till about 4 or 5 or so and is pretty cool. There's a few of us up there. I have a blown and injected Sanger Runner Bottom and my Buddy has a Blown and injected Jet hydro.:)devil
Lots of other Jets up there too Usually.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
I've been going to Echo for 15 yrs. Dry open headers. Never had a problem in the evenings, mornings, and weekdays. This Fish Cop usually only comes Sat and Sun and only stays till about 4 or 5 or so and is pretty cool. There's a few of us up there. I have a blown and injected Sanger Runner Bottom and my Buddy has a Blown and injected Jet hydro.:)devil
Lots of other Jets up there too Usually.
We've been talking about heading up that way one of these days. Might have to take the son up for a little weekend.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I'll be at Utah lake sunday, probably AF. My one friend tells me that the noise nazi's will have my a$$ and may wallet if'n I go to provo. I think it would be cool to get a bunch of us together.:)devil Wolfie, where do you guys usually hang out?? I hear there is a big sandy beach on the south end...I've just never been brave enough to drive that far.lol
When ever I go to echo it's so f'n crowded I can't even park. I kinda dig yuba. Another few weeks utah lake will be too green for me.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea provo is where the rangers hang just because that is the state park. Stick to A/F or Lindon and no one will harass you.:)devil

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
We'll probably hang out just north of the Provo marina. Maybe cruise up to the north end. We'll be out with some friends that have a baby Sea Ray so look for the two boats. We'll kind of use the Sea Ray as a base and take the kids tubing around there.
I don't have to really worry about the noise as my barge is more of a family station wagon.
Hopefully we can meet up.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts