Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through a Rebel Rodz magazine and read an article about a rat fink artist. His name is Ben Mitchell and and he is located in Oklahoma. Anyways I got the bright idea to have him draw up my flatty with a rat driving it. I gave him a picture of my boat and told him I wanted a rat driving it. I sent him some more details and ideas of what I had in mind. This is how it came out. It will be framed and hung on the my the wall of my office when it arrives. Here is his myspace if anyone is interest in having their hot rod or hot boat drawn up: http://www.myspace.com/dragdaddys

·
Dazed and Transfused
2,308 Posts
i like it.:)devilbut the shifter is out of place.i think i would have left the shifter out myself.
I wasn't going to say anything about that :)hammers

(or the fact the prop is missing) :D

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i like it.:)devilbut the shifter is out of place.i think i would have left the shifter out myself.
When I first saw the rough drawing, the shifter did bug me a bit. If you look at the rest of the photos of the rat rods he draws, the shiter is his trademark. The v-drive has a shift handle, so I said why not, throw that summa bitch on there.

TBI is right, might need a prop :D

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would be really cool to have a big hairy ass rat leg out in front of the deck with a big overide pedal...just sayin..
thats a good idea you have there. Well, the next one I have him draw up will need that on there

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Andrew.......crackerboxes don't have down pedals :D:D:D
Just wait till I have an extra $100 laying around for another picture. Big ideas for the crackerbox drawing im going to have him draw up:))THumbsUp

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts
When I first saw the rough drawing, the shifter did bug me a bit. If you look at the rest of the photos of the rat rods he draws, the shiter is his trademark. The v-drive has a shift handle, so I said why not, throw that summa bitch on there.

TBI is right, might need a prop :D
i understand he draws rat rods.but this is your boat.i would have had him do the shifter like a v-drives with the botton on the top.and i think it needs a prop to.dont get me wrong he draws bad ass .but its your boat and it needs to be like your boat.and rcl has a good idea with the down peddle.have him do it with the foot breaking through the bottom with the down peddle.with a caption saying"oh shit!down peddle down peddle."

·
Old Timer
1,140 Posts
That is exactly the kind of Artist I have been looking for ... Thanks ...

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Aw hell, I thought this post was for a raffle drawing for the Kurtis. I've known it was for sale, just thought you'd given up on selling and had started a raffle to unload it another way! :D :D :D

CC

I'll still buy a ticket, gonna be at Castle Rock?

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aw hell, I thought this post was for a raffle drawing for the Kurtis. I've known it was for sale, just thought you'd given up on selling and had started a raffle to unload it another way! :D :D :D

CC

I'll still buy a ticket, gonna be at Castle Rock?
I'm glad you will buy a ticket CC! That will be $26,500 and I take check, MO, or cash. Please leave a $26,000 security deposit until you can come up with the other $500 :D:)hand

I wont be able to make castle rock due to the fact that im moving from LA to Costa Mesa. Have a cocktail for me:))THumbsUp

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
toooooooo coooool! look forward to see,n ya soon! THE BANDIT
Ya Bandit, im thinking long and hard about heading up to you guys for new years.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ed Roth

I was looking through a Rebel Rodz magazine and read an article about a rat fink artist. His name is Ben Mitchell and and he is located in Oklahoma. Anyways I got the bright idea to have him draw up my flatty with a rat driving it. I gave him a picture of my boat and told him I wanted a rat driving it. I sent him some more details and ideas of what I had in mind. This is how it came out. It will be framed and hung on the my the wall of my office when it arrives. Here is his myspace if anyone is interest in having their hot rod or hot boat drawn up: http://www.myspace.com/dragdaddys

A friend of mine "Jimmy Cleveland" is authorized and licensed to paint reproductions of the Rat Fink character and excellent at it too. You cant tell the difference. He is some where in so cal. if you want more info let me know.

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A friend of mine "Jimmy Cleveland" is authorized and licensed to paint reproductions of the Rat Fink character and excellent at it too. You cant tell the difference. He is some where in so cal. if you want more info let me know.
Sure, pm me any info you have. :)devil

1 - 20 of 22 Posts