Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
100% Pimp 50% of the Time
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are also closing the travel trailer divison as they look for a buyer. They were a big boy in the RV business no doubt. A look back.

Stock
1998 $46.88
Today $0.01

Factories
1999: 62
2009: 15

Employees
1999: 21,000
2009: 3,000

Fleetwood used to make good motor homes but their qualitly has gone down hill for many years. They tried to hide there flaws with nice interiors and such but couldn't hide problems.....

They might go the way of Circut City....

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
They are also closing the travel trailer divison as they look for a buyer. They were a big boy in the RV business no doubt. A look back.

Stock
1998 $46.88
Today $0.01

Factories

Employees

Fleetwood used to make good motor homes but their qualitly has gone down hill for many years. They tried to hide there flaws with nice interiors and such but couldn't hide problems.....

IMO they will put more effort into Mobile Home building and less into the RV side of their operations!

·
100% Pimp 50% of the Time
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO they will put more effort into Mobile Home building and less into the RV side of their operations!
Their manufacture home division is in just as poor shape as the RV division. The problem is getting loans on a manufacture home is harder to get than a traditional home loan these days. More down payment neede etc....

·
Registered
160 Posts
That means our Gearbox toyhauler is now a collectors item and worth more, right? :D

Actually, we bought our trailer used and have not had any problems. We were lucky I guess.

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
I've had 2 fleetwood rv's, they've both been good rigs. Currently have a 01 33ft southwind. Its a great rig and we use it avery month. Skiing in the winter and the river in summer.
Sad to see the RV/Boat industry in the shitter.

·
Registered
893 Posts
this sucks

thats the reason we sold our other RV because they also went bankrupt . And I just found this out today....nice ( we bought a Providence to replace the other RV) DUuuuhh.

·
Slow Learner
909 Posts

Stock
1998 $46.88
Today $0.01

Factories

Employees

old thread jackass...

·
Punk in Drublic
2,165 Posts
Sucks! :|err

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
"One step ahead of the jailer,,

Glad I don't live in a trailer,,,,"

I forget the rest of the Jimmy tune.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts