Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
not sayin the guy is any less than a hero for landing it, but we all know self preservation took over here and he landed it:D kinda tired of see'n it on the news, howabout some real unbiased news with no fluff:)bulb

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
not sayin the guy is any less than a hero for landing it, but we all know self preservation took over here and he landed it:D kinda tired of see'n it on the news, howabout some real unbiased news with no fluff:)bulb
You don't think a pilot feels any responsibility for 200+ passengers?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
You don't think a pilot feels any responsibility for 200+ passengers?
fyi, it was a joke:)bulb just sayin in times of crisis , the human mind becomes sharper and its the self preservation written into our genes that makes it happen;)

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
fyi, it was a joke:)bulb just sayin in times of crisis , the human mind becomes sharper and its the self preservation written into our genes that makes it happen;)
I was just asking the question.

·
Manwhore!!!!!
369 Posts
Pretty amazing I think. Pilot had to make a split second decision with complete composure and landed that bitch. Love to see professionals at work under pressure.:D

·
Been here a while
610 Posts
Strap him in a K-boat, the guys meant to be boat racer, he just chose the wrong career. perfect water landing.

It is amazing what he did, hero or not, he is one hell of a pilot.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I think 90% of the pilots would have cranked that plane over and headed for the airport. Try to make it no matter what.

He was amazing and made a excellent choice. Crash on land would have been devastating.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No "PUN" intended here but......some who perform under life or death situations refer to his calmness as functioning on "Autopilot" due to his training, experience, and expertise!!!! Some professions can relate......guaranteed this dude has already strapped his wings on and flown already without a sweat:)devil

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,436 Posts
:)bulb ya'll might want to think about that landing next time you hear of some airline wanting to cut thier pay and increase thier workload to the max.....or the flight attendants......or us mechanics !!!!! and if ya'll think any one of those three jobs mentioned are a walk in the park.........step right up and give it a try.....oh and don't forget to get your pilots certificate to fly commercial, or your A&P certificate to turn wrenches.:)bulb.

·
Damage Inc
433 Posts
I'll take coverage of an event like this 20 to 1 over the regular bullshit news stations post. Great job, excellent result, couldn't be more pleased!

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, Impatient 1 , are you saying that other pilots who've uncussesfully tried water landings in the past wanted to kill themselves? I'm sure he didnt' want to die, but i'm sure glad he was flying this thing and not some guy who got a C in flight school LOL. I'm glad that bitch didn't sink right away! it would have been nice, though, if he could have pulled it into a dock space.

·
Registered
192 Posts
:)bulb ya'll might want to think about that landing next time you hear of some airline wanting to cut thier pay and increase thier workload to the max.....or the flight attendants......or us mechanics !!!!! and if ya'll think any one of those three jobs mentioned are a walk in the park.........step right up and give it a try.....oh and don't forget to get your pilots certificate to fly commercial, or your A&P certificate to turn wrenches.:)bulb.
Agree with your statement, but.......

Pay A & P's a decent wage and a lot more guys would step up to the plate. Pretty pathetic when a mechanic who is signing off an aircraft with everyones lives at stake is the most underpayed individual around.

·
Registered
292 Posts
"I think 90% of the pilots would have cranked that plane over and headed for the airport. Try to make it no matter what."

NOT HAPPENING! Pro pilots are just that Pro's, they know if its going to make it or not with one look and will pick the best spot to put it down. Those things are flown by numbers meaning all manuvers have a certain airspeed, back pressure, thrust etc. Theres none of this "I hope it makes it" they know exactly where they are going.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My cousin was on this flight ... I thank God for that pilot, his calm thinking and all the training he has had to go through ... he saved her, and all the other passengerss, lives ... plain and simple!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts