Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On HB, there was a thread about flipping a hull with cherry pickers, making it a one man (or two) deal. On the SCJB site, there is a guy 20 miles east of Bullhead looking to flip his cruiser & has little manpower ... I remembered the old thread.

Was it squitrcha? (Dan) that had that thread flipping his Kachina? I told him I would ask over here for him. Does anyone have pics of from that thread.

These are the moments I get pissed at the HB staff pulling the forums down. All of that information, gone. :mad:

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

·
Distinguished Member
5,771 Posts
Everytime this comes up, makes me remember when we had Wayne M come to our shop to straighten out our Canyon. The boat was less than a year old, had a new Vale paint job on it and I was stressing over flipping the boat over to re work the bottom. He looked at me with a straight face and said "No problem dude...I've done it at a buck forty...." :p
I left the shop and him and a couple of my guys turned it with our crane and a cherry picker...
The story always amused me anyway....Sorry I can't be more help

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
I think there is a thread on here somewhere about this. Probably many pages back. Or it might have been on another forum. But, I'll look for it when I get a chance. Had lots of pictures and several ways to do it.:D

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Yeah, that was my stuff. Flipped half a dozen that way. Unfortunately I've lost my webpage and all those photos are gone.

Some of the other guys have done it that way (or close to it) and had pictures and I think they're here on this forum somewhere.

Here's a link to the page. Not as much info and pictures there as I thought. The closest thing would be Tim (fleetimus) black gullwing. Just substitute a cherry picker for the overhead chain hoist and that's pretty much it.

http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=5543&highlight=boat+flipping

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Yeah, that was my stuff. Flipped half a dozen that way. Unfortunately I've lost my webpage and all those photos are gone.

Some of the other guys have done it that way (or close to it) and had pictures and I think they're here on this forum somewhere.

Here's a link to the page. Not as much info and pictures there as I thought. The closest thing would be Tim (fleetimus) black gullwing. Just substitute a cherry picker for the overhead chain hoist and that's pretty much it.
DAMN!! I didn't know you lost all your photos when the web page went away.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
This is when we flipped the Liberty at MPD
Now that is pretty cool. How well did it sit on the trailer bunks once flipped over or did you have to move the trailer forward and add cross members? I like that idea and you can still move it around and it saves space since the trailer is used as a dolly. FANDAMTASTIC!!! ;)

Greg

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
There was someone on HB that had fabed a sort of stinger (similer to a motor stand head) to the bow eye and used a picker in front and the main beam of his home where the the door on his shop would still close! Looked simple and worked good!

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There was someone on HB that had fabed a sort of stinger (similer to a motor stand head) to the bow eye and used a picker in front and the main beam of his home where the the door on his shop would still close! Looked simple and worked good!
that was kinda what I remember ... thought it was one in the same thread ...

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Yea, he was working (Sanding) on it in his drive! I slept since then and a few lemon sodas pops! LOL!:D

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
Here is a video of the 3 of us flipping a 18' rogers.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3156486150213905428&hl=en

i didnt get a video of the flip when we did the liberty which was a bit more tricky...since it has a turn fin in it, we had to suspend it and flip it right off the trailer, there was no rolling it on some blankets like in the video.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts