Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why should you need to purchase?,in California do not need extra Earthquake Insurance,Landslide Insurance,Fire Insurance.I feel that Florida also gets a free ride on Hurricane Insurance!! WTF !! what year is there not a Hurricane or at least a threat on one.

The Flood Insurance Fraud is a Sickening B.S.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Get this, on the new house we just bought we are ready to close and then the loan guy says we need one more thing Flood insurance! I said WTF the house is in the middle of the damn desert, hell it don't rain here. Yep sure enough in a class A flood zone, the worst insurance wise. In a 100 year flood zone, meaning that every 100 years it floods. Well got quotes from 1200-4000 and said to the guy cancel the deal, i ain't paying that much for nothing but a very vague chance of a flood. He says let me check into it. While waiting on him i checked with a friend that sells state farm and he says that is easy i can get it for 123.00 a year all you need is a elevation cert from an engineer, I call around and 700 bucks and up! well hell now i am thinking who do i know that is an engineer and bam it hits me! a car i am painting the guy works for one, make a quick call and next day he and his buddy (engineer) are out shooting the house, next day he drops off the cert and says on the house, dam now i am stoked. get it to the ins guy and sure enough 123 a year. It is a waste but at least i got the house. If it were not for the 4000 foot shop i would have kicked it to the curb.

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get this, on the new house we just bought we are ready to close and then the loan guy says we need one more thing Flood insurance! I said WTF the house is in the middle of the damn desert, hell it don't rain here. Yep sure enough in a class A flood zone, the worst insurance wise. In a 100 year flood zone, meaning that every 100 years it floods. Well got quotes from 1200-4000 and said to the guy cancel the deal, i ain't paying that much for nothing but a very vague chance of a flood. He says let me check into it. While waiting on him i checked with a friend that sells state farm and he says that is easy i can get it for 123.00 a year all you need is a elevation cert from an engineer, I call around and 700 bucks and up! well hell now i am thinking who do i know that is an engineer and bam it hits me! a car i am painting the guy works for one, make a quick call and next day he and his buddy (engineer) are out shooting the house, next day he drops off the cert and says on the house, dam now i am stoked. get it to the ins guy and sure enough 123 a year. It is a waste but at least i got the house. If it were not for the 4000 foot shop i would have kicked it to the curb.

:))THumbsUp Who let this scam proceed

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
:))THumbsUp Who let this scam proceed
What has happened to you JD? Was this called for? He did what he had to do to get a house he liked. You were not like this before. Now I see why everyone fucks with you. Sorry. Call it as I have seen it.

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What has happened to you JD? Was this called for? He did what he had to do to get a house he liked. You were not like this before. Now I see why everyone fucks with you. Sorry. Call it as I have seen it.

You MORON,I was speaking of the Flood Insurance Requirement in the first place.You were just in such a hurry to jump in here and throw an insult as usual.:))ThumbsDwn

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
You MORON,I was speaking of the Flood Insurance Requirement in the first place.You were just in such a hurry to jump in here and throw an insult as usual.:))ThumbsDwn

There you go again you FUCK WAD. You are strung out on the shit again aren't you? See ya. Where is the FINGER Smiley?

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
a 100 year flood zone, meaning that every 100 years it floods.
That's a common misunderstanding, it could flood any year, not just once every 100 yrs. A !00 yr flood means that in any given year, there is a 1% chance, (one in a hundred) the base flood elevation is reached or exceeded.

FYI Congress has tasked FEMA to research the current flood insurance requirements. The insurance rates for Zone A in the California desert are the same rates as the California Delta. Rates are based on the probability of the flood occurring, not the consequence of the flood itself. A flash flood in the desert may only get your carpets wet and recede in an hour or less, while a flood in Sacramento, or the Gulf coast for that matter, could take a week to recede, yet they have the same insurance rates.

Risk based flood insurance is the way to go, let people who live in the high risk areas pay their fair share instead of desert dwellers making up the difference.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I know what you are saying but that is what they look at. Just like a few years back after the bad rash of fires we had up and down the state, the next year the rates jumped up big time, told mine i ain't paying for some dumb asses that want to live among a bunch of trees, their problem not mine. found another carrier. Funny thing is go 2 miles down the road in LA county and it is not required, just Kern county, go figure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts