Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Adrenaline Junkie
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I flew in yesterday afternoon to Vegas for a biz meeting this morning, and am already back in the aiport, heading back, fortunately....

I landed yesterday and it was 110 degrees!!!....are you kidding me????

Since we are having such a lousey summer in the Northeast (our last 3 Poker Runs were washouts), I was pumped to get to the pool and tip a few back. I almost passed out - crazy hot. I had little metal grommets in my suit that got hot to the touch.

Yeah, I know, it's a dry heat....but so is my oven (or so my wife tells me 'cuz I've never used it).

I don't know how you mead and havasu guys survive this...but wholly smokes - I'd need to thin my blood out before I could survive a day on the channel in heat like this.

Just looked at my weather forecast - looks like it's going to rain again this weekend at home. @#[email protected]%$!%

I'm thinking boating in an oven beats boating in the rain every day.

Enjoy the sun guys....we're envious - most of the time.

·
Box Pimp
2,260 Posts
Local Text Forecast for
Lake Havasu City, AZ (86406)

Jul 16 Today Sun and clouds mixed. Hot. High 117F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Jul 16 Tonight Partly cloudy. Hot. Low near 95F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Jul 17 Tomorrow Intervals of clouds and sunshine. Very hot. High near 120F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Jul 17 Tomorrow night A few clouds. Hot. Low near 95F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Jul 18 Saturday Mix of sun and clouds. Highs 118 to 122F and lows in the upper 90s. Jul 19 Sunday Partly cloudy. Highs 118 to 122F and lows in the mid 90s. Jul 20 Monday Mainly sunny. Highs 115 to 119F and lows in the mid 90s. Jul 21 Tuesday Abundant sunshine. Highs 115 to 119F and lows in the low 90s.

·
Lil' Hellyun
3,238 Posts
Local Text Forecast for
Lake Havasu City, AZ (86406)

Jul 16 Today Sun and clouds mixed. Hot. High 117F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Jul 16 Tonight Partly cloudy. Hot. Low near 95F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Jul 17 Tomorrow Intervals of clouds and sunshine. Very hot. High near 120F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Jul 17 Tomorrow night A few clouds. Hot. Low near 95F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Jul 18 Saturday Mix of sun and clouds. Highs 118 to 122F and lows in the upper 90s. Jul 19 Sunday Partly cloudy. Highs 118 to 122F and lows in the mid 90s. Jul 20 Monday Mainly sunny. Highs 115 to 119F and lows in the mid 90s. Jul 21 Tuesday Abundant sunshine. Highs 115 to 119F and lows in the low 90s.

Yikes.....glad we're going to miss it....;)

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
I remember the day I left NY. to come out here and live. Flew out of Syracuse and it was snowing. Step off the plane here and thought I was going to DIE!!! Hell it was only 100 dergees that day. The hottest day I've seen was 122, now that was hot. But I here Havazoo hitting 126 once in a while.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
We hit 90 today here in DC, Thats about my limit! I've been to the southwest in July, I just can't adjust to it!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
YEP just payed my buddy to get it from storage !!

Thanks for cleaning it up !!

I'll bring it back Tuesday. can I get your gas card before I leave??:D

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
I'm out in it every day. Not bad, just have to drink a little extra water and throw a ball cap on every now and then. Much better then being stuck indoors.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I flew in yesterday afternoon to Vegas for a biz meeting this morning, and am already back in the aiport, heading back, fortunately....

I landed yesterday and it was 110 degrees!!!....are you kidding me????

Since we are having such a lousey summer in the Northeast (our last 3 Poker Runs were washouts), I was pumped to get to the pool and tip a few back. I almost passed out - crazy hot. I had little metal grommets in my suit that got hot to the touch.

Yeah, I know, it's a dry heat....but so is my oven (or so my wife tells me 'cuz I've never used it).

I don't know how you mead and havasu guys survive this...but wholly smokes - I'd need to thin my blood out before I could survive a day on the channel in heat like this.

Just looked at my weather forecast - looks like it's going to rain again this weekend at home. @#[email protected]%$!%

I'm thinking boating in an oven beats boating in the rain every day.

Enjoy the sun guys....we're envious - most of the time.
Come back when it's 126, believe me 110 is nothing.........

·
3,246 Posts
116 just makes jumping in the water that much more refreshing

1 - 20 of 40 Posts