Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant stand em....Had 1 along time ago on my foot. Freezing didnt work......had it shot with a laser two different times. That just turned it into 2 warts...second one came up a few inches away. 1st doc told me about a study where peeps took vit a and a specific amino acid l mythaniade (i am sure I butchered the spelling but i think its the only one that starts with an L). Took a bit but they went away. Fast fwd 15 years I notice a little baby one the other....freak out and call my doc head straight in for a freeze job. Long story short 2 doc visits later I have 2 of the suns a biches:)bit I am sure glad i paid 300 bucks for that. Been taking the herbal cure since day 1 and it aint workin this time. Sorry for the gross subject.....tryin to pick my next move. Btw....can I buy one of those little nitrogen freezing dealios like my doc has....I am thinkin I would be money ahead there at a buck fifty a squirt.lol Maybe I need to sun bath with a magnifying glass. :)hammers

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've got the same problem on the back of my right foot. I'll be sure to stay tuned to see what others post on the subject.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
I'm confident this is not a recommended medical procedure, but...

I had one one time just below my elbow. Took a belt sander and removed it. Bled and stung quite a bit, bandaged it up and it never returned.

Hold my beer and watch this... :D

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I'm gonna preface this by saying.....NO I'm not kidding, and my mom is a nurse and heard this at some point from a doctor or another nurse or something, I forget.

My mom has gotten planter warts off and on for years. Anyways, she has tried tons of stuff, but one thing that made them shrink and go away.....duct tape! I swear, she would put a piece of duct tape over the wart and wear it like that non stop for close to a week I think. She would switch out the tape after showers and what not, or when it got messed up, but constant duct tape over it. The first time she did this it worked great if I remember right. She has done it ever since, and it almost always works for her. I don't know if it'd work for you, but its worth a shot, considering you probably have duct tape in the garage anyways.

Andrew

·
Registered
656 Posts
I had one on my elbow for years. Sounds crazy, but a guy told me to put a small piece of meat on it and spread the blood around and let it dry. I don't remember how many times I did it, but it worked.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I had one one time just below my elbow. Took a belt sander and removed it. Bled and stung quite a bit, bandaged it up and it never returned.

Hold my beer and watch this... :D
Did about the same.

Didn't use the belt sander but did cut and sand the dam thing down a bit . It's gone .
Thought I was the only one who do this. lol it worked

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
After knee surgery, in physical therapy. The therapist would do Infrared treatments. She would rub a little wand on my knees that directed infrared in to them to increase the blood flow. She found out that I had some planter warts on my heel that were giving me trouble. She turned the knob up to 10(max) and rubbed on the warts for about 2 minutes. She did this for about 5 PT sessions. About 2 weeks later they were gone. That was 21 years ago. Never did came back.
The other thing I've used on warts on my hands is Milkweed. When I was a kid, you would just break the stalk and put the stuff that oozed out right on the wart. After 2 applications they would turn black and fall off.

Good luck, be safe. schick

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
I used lasers, acid, scalpels, liquid N2, tons of stuff. The thing that finally did it was the cheap "wart remover" liquid from Rite Aid. We are talking decades here.....

Finally I just did the liquid remover day after day, every day, for about a month, and they were all gone, never to return. That's been a couple of years now....

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts

or

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Did about the same.

Didn't use the belt sander but did cut and sand the dam thing down a bit . It's gone .
Thought I was the only one who do this. lol it worked
X10...dig it out with a razor blade and then duct tape it up.
Gross? Naw......although this is :p Picture 010.JPG

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I used a bottle of butane, the one used to refil your lighter. It gives you a freezing action, kinda like N2. It was gone and has never returned.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
That's the stuff! It is even cheaper in the store brand, as long as it has the 17% acid solution. It is messy, and your hand or other spot will be white, but you'll be glad you did it.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Ew

So very glad I have never had a wart. And now I know a belt sander & duct tape will do the trick, I'm gonna start looking for warts on my friends and see if they will let me operate!

·
Registered
463 Posts
This sounds ridiculous but it has worked for me quite a few times and every other person I have recommended it to. I tried freezing, cutting, duct tape, banana peels, surgery, and nothing worked. This is what finally did it.

Go to the store (or your pantry) and get some apple cider vinegar. Also get a waterproof bandaid or two and a cotton ball or Q-tip. Pull the cotton end off the Q-tip or get a similar sized piece of cotton from the cotton ball and saturate it in apple cider vinegar. Put this on the wart and then put the band-aid over the top of it to seal everything up. Repeat this procedure at least twice per day (before work and before bed). It may burn or ache a little bit but it is nothing compared to focking surgery. It may also puff up a bit and turn whiteish. You can trim the dead stuff off with a razor blade if you want to.

I am not going to guarantee this will work for you but if it doesnt, you will be the first of over a dozen that it hasnt worked for. It can work as fast a a few days but typically takes a week or two. You should really try this before anything else. It works amazingly well.

Check this if you are a skeptic:
http://www.google.com/search?q="apple+cider+vinegar"+wart

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
You're crazy!

So very glad I have never had a wart. And now I know a belt sander & duct tape will do the trick, I'm gonna start looking for warts on my friends and see if they will let me operate!
LMAO! hil:)

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the tips and tricks guys.....Mcguiver would be proud.:)grn I have heard of the apple cider vinegar before when I googled home cures the other day. The duck tape is a new one on me....and the belt sander isnt an option on this one. :shock:

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Thanks for the tips and tricks guys.....Mcguiver would be proud.:)grn I have heard of the apple cider vinegar before when I googled home cures the other day. The duck tape is a new one on me....and the belt sander isnt an option on this one. :shock:

If the location is "delicate", tweezers might work. Get a good grip at the base, and pull quickly. This might be best done by a significant other, as the ability to yank something off a primary body part could cause hesitation, and you'd have to do it all over again:badidea:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts