Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks, this has been mentioned before, but please check your loaders regularly. Attached is a picture of a 21' Kustom Kraft out of Tyler, TX area that reportedly the loader broke and the boat then sat on the bottom for about a week.

We lost a good jetboater out of the Oklahoma City area, Gary Bebout, a few years ago when the same thing happened to his Cheyenne style hull.

Checking your loaders for cracks regularly is imperative to your lifestyle as well as the one of your boat. Metal fatigues over time and the replacement of a loader should take place at some interval.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Folks, this has been mentioned before, but please check your loaders regularly. Attached is a picture of a 21' Daytona our of Tyler, TX area that reportedly the loader broke and the boat then sat on the bottom for about a week.

We lost a good jetboater out of the Oklahoma City area, Gary Bebout, a few years ago when the same thing happened to his Cheyenne.

Checking your loaders for cracks regularly is imperative to your lifestyle as well as the one of your boat. Metal fatigues over time and the replacement of a loader should take place at some interval.
I talked to the owner of that boat. It sunk with the him and the buyer on a test run. He said he was doing around 70 in a little chop. He was thrown and got to watch it go down. I didn't know what happened to the buyer other than he didn't buy the boat. All the owner recieved was a pretty bad scraped up leg. The boat was an 89 Custom craft. It was advertised on Drag Boat City. I was trying to buy it. When I talked to him he didn't know what happened and it was still in 30 feet of water.

·
Administrator
16,873 Posts
I will be glad to mag particle check anyone's loader for them free of charge.

Take care of the ride both ways and I'll be glad to check it for you.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I was testing a customer's boat form Texas one day and he had one of the cheapie light copy loaders in his 21' Liberator. I had just passed the 86 mph mark when it decided to let go. It banged me up pretty good, but I did manage to stay in the boat and ride it out. Below are the pictures. This will definitely get your attention when it happens. I now check EVERY loader before I test a customer's boat out.

Duane HTP

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Duane...

Looking at this loader, it looks like it was around when Christopher Columbus landed, I have noticed here in the last year or so, when I have a customers boat in my possession, these guys are running either old crap, or some real jengy light weight rusted up piles! I offer to pull their stuff for them to have checked and it suprises me that they either dont know about a loader even being there or care that its old and decrepit! Usually I pull out my newer loader and show the quality of loader that are available! since the couple wrecks here in the last couple years, this definitely is something that is on my mind every single time I am launching! it should be on EVERYONES mind even if they are only doing 45 mph shit happens!

·
Registered
896 Posts
A friend of mine (who is on here) bought a boat and his first time out shut it down and the boat hooked left right towards a pontoon boat and scared the crap outta both boaters. After getting home the next day I laid down at the back of the boat and half of the loader was pointing straight down on the left side. Glad it ended the way it did cuz someone could have gotten hurt bad, I check mine everytime I am about to leave the driveway now...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Checking mine before the big weekend. My loader broke last August at the sag and slammed into my shoe, we nosed it pretty hard. Hard enough to blow the lenses outta my shades.. My girl and I were out of commission for a few days. Thankfully we came out of it ok and got the the Howard back, she's fully capped.

CHECK THEM LOADERS!!

Vin

Attachments

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
I will be glad to mag particle check anyone's loader for them free of charge.

Take care of the ride both ways and I'll be glad to check it for you.

Made the same offer afer Rauscher's crash... even bring my magnaflux to the track with me each time I go... and to date, not a single person has took up the offer... but it still stands... if anyone see me at the track... or bring it to my shop... I'll mag it, no big deal.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts