Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe we should show up and voice our opinions...

http://www.sacbee.com/orangevale/story/741423.html

The first meeting is scheduled March 5 in the Cavitt Junior High School auditorium, 7200 Fuller Drive in Granite Bay.

"Among the more modest proposals in the plan, he said, are improvements such as adding more boat launching lanes during the height of boating season and extending boat ramps when the lake level is low"

·
Pirate of P-Town
149 Posts

The first meeting is scheduled March 5 in the Cavitt Junior High School auditorium, 7200 Fuller Drive in Granite Bay.

"Among the more modest proposals in the plan, he said, are improvements such as adding more boat launching lanes during the height of boating season and extending boat ramps when the lake level is low"
My opinion is no speed limits and pasties only!!!!

Just in case you cared:)hand:)hand

Grads I am gonna be in your neck of the woods first weekend in April, I am bringin gas AND beer money:|err

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts

The other day when a basketball game was on, the satellite TV guide on channel 10 had a show called "Peoples Folsom Lake". Anyway the game went into half hour overtime and the show never aired. Any idea what it was? Or was it about your link... Boating minds need to know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was at the meeting (for a completly different reason...horses) and there was just one wakeborder who made comments against extending the 5mph zone up by Rattlesnake. Having a "quiet day" at folsom Lake was mentioned where no engines would be allowed and was rather laughable. Being a SRA (state "recreation" area) they were getting alot of flack about reducing "recreation" in the area and trying to become more of a "conservation" area which I think they found out is not supported by the community and not what the SRA's main focus should be...... well in my opinion anyway!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
The thing I hate the most is, just about the time the water level gets back up to normal, they'll release as much as then can to go to L.A. and claim it's for flood control. Then once again they'll have to close the lake for boating due to lack of water. They've been doing this ever since that canal went in. Gotta keep those pools filled and the streets watered down south. :|err

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
The thing I hate the most is, just about the time the water level gets back up to normal, they'll release as much as then can to go to L.A. and claim it's for flood control. Then once again they'll have to close the lake for boating due to lack of water. They've been doing this ever since that canal went in. Gotta keep those pools filled and the streets watered down south. :|err
Was out at the lake yesterday on Salmon Falls road
Not looking like the lake will get anywhere near full
There is no standing water at the entrance to the 5mph zone on the South fork:(
Lets all do a rain dance

·
Registered
981 Posts
sorry to get off topic, but this being a folsom thread.... where exactly is pastie cove, ive never heard of it but know the like quite well from past years of bass fishing..

if launching from the granit bay launch which direction?? sounds like its the hot spot for jetboats and you other guys with the money pits ;)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
launch at Granite Bay and veer left up the north fork for about seven miles or so tell you reach the 5mph zone
As we speak there is only rocks and dirt there,see my post above

·
Registered
981 Posts
i havent had a chance to make it out to folsom yet this year, but im sure i know what it looks like..... most likley like the past years ;)

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
i havent had a chance to make it out to folsom yet this year, but im sure i know what it looks like..... most likley like the past years ;)
Ya cant miss it anymore it's where 10 wake board boats tie off- and each drunk boat owner blast different rap music at volume 12 from 10 CD players Used to hear cam shafts, those days are slowly going away.............

·
Registered
981 Posts
well its unfortunate but thats the case... jetboats arent as popular as they use to be. Thats why meets must be set so we can show everyone were still around ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts