Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
just a member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone up for going out to Folsom Lake this Saturday? weather says its supposed to be 82 degrees!

·
just a member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
water level is at 417ft. fairly low, but lots of ramps are open...Browns, Folsom Pointe, & Granite Bay.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
water level is at 417ft. fairly low, but lots of ramps are open...Browns, Folsom Pointe, & Granite Bay.
John,
Well,that sounds GREAT! Until those SoCal jerks decide to rip us off and they start draining it down so they can fill their pools and water the streets at night. Maybe they need to invest in water desalination plants down there. They've got lots of oceans really near by.

Greg

·
Banned
49 Posts
They open up the lower level big wide ramp at Granite Bay when the water level hits 424-425' which I'm guessing will be in about 2-3 weeks...just in time for it to start going down again. I will be out there on Saturday. See you then.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
They open up the lower level big wide ramp at Granite Bay when the water level hits 424-425' which I'm guessing will be in about 2-3 weeks...just in time for it to start going down again. .
I wouldnt count on it getting that high
I have been monitoring it twice a week for three weeks now and it is creeping up real slow,but you can still see the outline of the 1920s bridge on the South fork just downriver from the 5mph zone

·
just a member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Financing is really tuff these days!!
yes, but he dodged calls from the financing guy I hooked him up with. he kept telling me that he could pay cash in a couple months and even asked me to carry the paper if he put $70k down.

Plus, on the test drive on Sunday he said that he wanted to put a wakeboard tower on the boat for speakers. I asked if he was serious and told him that you don't put towers on this kind of boat and he was dead serious. Oh well, if he does buy the boat I guess he can do whatever he wants with it after the check clears.

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
yes, but he dodged calls from the financing guy I hooked him up with. he kept telling me that he could pay cash in a couple months and even asked me to carry the paper if he put $70k down.

Plus, on the test drive on Sunday he said that he wanted to put a wakeboard tower on the boat for speakers. I asked if he was serious and told him that you don't put towers on this kind of boat and he was dead serious. Oh well, if he does buy the boat I guess he can do whatever he wants with it after the check clears.
Bummer, whenever I sell a boat it typicaly takes me about 2 years. Only takes me 10 minutes to buy one tho:D Then ya get the tire kickers that have nothing better to do than waste peoples time................
So right after I buy one I put it up for sale:D
Good luck on the sale.

·
Banned
49 Posts
I wouldnt count on it getting that high
I have been monitoring it twice a week for three weeks now and it is creeping up real slow,but you can still see the outline of the 1920s bridge on the South fork just downriver from the 5mph zone
I tend to stay out of the South Fork when the water level is this low...too many hazards. The North Fork is the place to be anyway.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I can't make it this weekend.:mad:
The water is so low this year I feel pressured to get out every weekend I can. By July we'll all be setting around someones pool talking about how nice it would be to be boating.
Or even worse; we'll be at the River :)sphss :)hand

·
Registered
22 Posts

l):ame

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I
Or even worse; we'll be at the River :)sphss :)hand
with the delta/river and its thousand miles of waterways,not to mention all the resturants and bars,who cares about the puddle they call Folsom;)

·
Banned
49 Posts
with the delta/river and its thousand miles of waterways,not to mention all the resturants and bars,who cares about the puddle they call Folsom;)
I know a lot of people go to Folsom to swim when it gets warm.The delta/river might be great for boating long distances but for swimming it sucks...especially when it is hot outside.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I know a lot of people go to Folsom to swim when it gets warm.The delta/river might be great for boating long distances but for swimming it sucks...especially when it is hot outside.
I hear you......just depends
The lower American from Cal Expo down river has some peaceful areas with crystal clear water without any currents that is more refreshing IMO
check it out sometime,and it is all NO WAKE ZONE

1 - 18 of 18 Posts