Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a certain one everyone uses to start their engines up. Also, does anyone have a picture of how they mounted one. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Is there a certain one everyone uses to start their engines up. Also, does anyone have a picture of how they mounted one. Thanks.
Mine is just a typical push button mounted on a bracket just above the stringer.. I'll try and find a picture.. If not I can take one tonight if you like.. Let me know..

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
68Sanger,
There is only one standard button....I believe it came off the very early Ford Trucks.
Call me if you need one....I have them.
Dan

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
The on Dan sells is probably the "good" one and worth the money. I have one in the new boat. In my yellow Canyon I set it up with a standard starter button and used it for about 5 years without an issue.

014.jpg

·
Registered
541 Posts
68sanger is this a race boat or a lake boat? My experience with a lake boat was not good as you offen get in the boat wet and that and a electric switch do not go well together.

·
Can't cure stupid
767 Posts
I have two starter buttons for ease of starting or bumping it over. One that’s block mounted and one mounted just in front of the drivers seat on the stringer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Village Idiot
3,528 Posts
Our latest boat has the starter and kill switch mounted just under the gunnel by our left leg. That way it is out of the way when getting in or out of the boat when wet, but still not on your dash cluttering it up. I can see how the foot switch could be of great use in certain situations though.

Paul

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Race only. Its going to be a blown gas flat.
Mines pretty much like David's.. I'll still take a pictures and post it just for another example.

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
Like Homeblown, on the drag boat I also run a starter button on the block near the distributor for running valves and starting it for warm ups. On blown alky deals it's also nice for pickling the motor after emptying the alcohol out....

Head Temp 1.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts