Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Under yo mommas bed
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it legal to pull two bumper pull trailers one behind the other in Arizona? If not how much is the ticket? I want to take my skis and boat to the river is why I'm asking.
Thanks
jangles

· Banne'd
2,426 Posts
Is it legal to pull two bumper pull trailers one behind the other in Arizona? If not how much is the ticket? I want to take my skis and boat to the river is why I'm asking.
Thanks
jangles

Nope. The only way is if the first trailer is a 5th wheel, or goose neck. And the first trailer has to have breaks, also no longer than 60' total. A DOT cop told me this last year. To answer the other question, I don't know how much the ticket would be. The question would be this," if you had to un hook one and leave it behind, which trailer would you leave??

· Under yo mommas bed
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. The only way is if the first trailer is a 5th wheel, or goose neck. And the first trailer has to have breaks, also no longer than 60' total. A DOT cop told me this last year. To answer the other question, I don't know how much the ticket would be. The question would be this," if you had to un hook one and leave it behind, which trailer would you leave??
I'd leave the truck and pull the boats. I'm gonna do it any way. I'll just pay the fine.:)hand

· Under yo mommas bed
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right. I have a new truck I just need to get all my toys to the river at the same time. I have pulled 2 bumper pulls back to back across the country and here in AZ but I just wanted to know if it's legal or not. If not how much is the fine? If it's only 100-200 I'll just pull them and hope I don't get pulled over and if I do I'll pay the fine.

· The HMFIC
1,711 Posts
not sure if this will help you but in california you need a commercial class a license with double endorsement to pull doubles. az and ca dmv's are connected but diff states diff laws????? hope this helps you a little. also about 2 years ago i was told by a CHP officer that two bumper pulls are legal as long as both pieces have breaks and the rear trailer is smaller than the front (as if u didnt know that, sorry:)sphss) and there is also a length law of 65 ft. i used to think you could only pull doubles with a 5th wheel as the first trailer but with the info i was givin by the CHP officer 2 years ago you would be good in ca only if you were less than 65 ft, not outside you veh weight ratings and you have a valid class a license with doubles endorsment.

· The HMFIC
1,711 Posts
I'd leave the truck and pull the boats. I'm gonna do it any way. I'll just pay the fine.:)hand
you may be in for more than a fine. you could get pulled over a bigillion miles from nowhere and not only will you get a ticket but id bet a whole dollar that the officer would make you drop one of the trailers right where you got pulled over, leaving you to contact a friend to come get you shizz for you.

· Under yo mommas bed
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you may be in for more than a fine. you could get pulled over a bigillion miles from nowhere and not only will you get a ticket but id bet a whole dollar that the officer would make you drop one of the trailers right where you got pulled over, leaving you to contact a friend to come get you shizz for you.
You sir are correct. I just called ADOT and got the scoop from the troop. nI guess I'll have to figure out a way to mount my 2 jet skis over my boat on the same trailer. Can you say afro engineering? :)

· Banne'd
2,426 Posts
You sir are correct. I just called ADOT and got the scoop from the troop. nI guess I'll have to figure out a way to mount my 2 jet skis over my boat on the same trailer. Can you say afro engineering? :)

get yourself a small 5th wheel flat bed trailer, put the lice rockets on it and pull the boat. I know, I'll swap ya trucks, just don't park the muther in the river like, well you remember. I need mine next weekend to pull the 5th home from the mountains. And I'm bailing thursday night for the hills, pulling the boat home this weekend.

· The HMFIC
1,711 Posts

check out shadow trailers in cerritos ca they make custom trailers for your application. they will mount them in the front and your boat on the back. pretty bad azz there is also another company that will make you a hyd rack for your exsisting trailer. i wish i remember the name of that company sorry one button operation if im not correct.

Attachments

· Banne'd
2,426 Posts
check out shadow trailers in cerritos ca they make custom trailers for your application. they will mount them in the front and your boat on the back. pretty bad azz there is also another company that will make you a hyd rack for your exsisting trailer. i wish i remember the name of that company sorry one button operation if im not correct.

Randal VIP van do it as well, but some one is going to need a bigger truck!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.