Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont purchase summits valve spring tool IT SUCKS!!!

Used it today to install the my last 2 springs and retainers.. It pushes the spring down at an angle locks harder than hell to get on..

For the price its ok..

But wow what a hunk of shit.. :D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
looks like it was made in china:)sphss

I thought everything was these days. :(:( Finding good tools for a decent price is getting tough these days it seems. I've found its best to save the pennies and buy the good quality ones.

Although there isn't much to a valve spring tool, so one would figure they couldn't mess that up. Anyone else studying Mandarin???

~Brian

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
I thought everything was these days. :(:( Finding good tools for a decent price is getting tough these days it seems. I've found its best to save the pennies and buy the good quality ones.

Although there isn't much to a valve spring tool, so one would figure they couldn't mess that up. Anyone else studying Mandarin???

~Brian
he bought it from summit. i thought they were supposed to be an all american company:)sphss

·
Registered
720 Posts
he bought it from summit. i thought they were supposed to be an all american company:)sphss
Is there a "All American Company" if this company isn't, I don't know if there is one:|err

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there really such thing as an "all american company" anymore.. Even some of the harley engines are made in japan...

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
When I bought my 'All American' Harley, I brought it home and peeled off "Made in China" stickers off of the brake rotors. Pissed me right off!:)st:)st:)st

Carl

·
Registered
720 Posts
When I bought my 'All American' Harley, I brought it home and peeled off "Made in China" stickers off of the brake rotors. Pissed me right off!:)st:)st:)st

Carl
That is why I posted the pic above you guys. Look in the lower left corner of it:|err

1 - 8 of 8 Posts