Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend with a large, deep Vee hull.

With twin Mercury 1,100s the boat is reaching 122 mph at 5,400 rpm. While continuing to increase throttle the boat is going into Guardian mode at 6,400 rpm at approximately 145 mph.

What are the possibilities that could be creating the situation for the boat to prematurely enter Guardian mode?

The boat is running a set of 17 1/2 x 38" 5 blade Mercury labbed propellers.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Our BBC is on a chip. Which keeps it from going beyond a certain RPM. Sounds like the guardian is about the same thing. I'm sure it can be changed or taken out.:happy:

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6,500 is where limiter set from factory

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Prematurely at 100 difference...there is a joke here, but I don't know what it is. :54:

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't shoot the messenger. You know how some boys can be about their speed and size of their prop. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Speed & prop size aren't as important as the driver skills & of course the tuner

·
Registered
432 Posts
6,500 is where limiter set from factory
scan it it could be water pressure intake air temp ( with the air temp so high) the falt should be in falt history if I can't find the code I just record the engine during a run and email it to merc racing have them look at it without a scan tool your shooting in the dark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts